IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU)

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU) Empty US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU)

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:33 am

Something I didn't even know existed until recently.  This is a US Air Force TFDU (Tactical Flight Duty Uniform).  It appears to be 100% identical to the US Army's A2CU Flight Crew Uniform except for one extra piece of velcro above the left breast pocket and that it is made out of fire resistant ABU cloth.  From what I can tell the uniform was a special contract made around 2011 and was authorized for wear by US Air Force personnel serving in Afghanistan flying who crew H-60 and C-130 aircraft.

At first I was confused because there is no contract number in either piece, though for sure the contractor is legit (local to me, in fact).  Then I read that the uniform is a unit purchase only, which means no contract number necessary.

Note that this is not the same FR cloth that is used in the ABU-G uniform.

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU) File_zpse63a9ecb

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU) File_zpsff482014

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU) Empty Re: US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU)

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 pm

This version was probably very short-lived since they began issuing all deploying aircrew MultiCam TFDUs.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU) Empty Re: US Air Force Tactical Flight Duty Uniform (TFDU)

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 am

From what I read it was authorized for wear at the same time. Some AF guys were saying that a bunch of US Army contract pieces were private purchased ahead of the official authorization, which apparently retroactively approved that practice as well as the digital tiger camo and tan.

Definitely an uncommon uniform.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 am

Isnt it the same or similar to the one I posted up a while back?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm

I must have missed that! If it is in the same cut as the Army's two piece flight suit (A2CU), but in Air Force camo, then it is almost certainly the same thing. I don't know how many manufacturers there were of the uniform, but I think it was more than one. Mine was made by Creative Apparel. So far I've seen only 3 pieces of this uniform and all three were made by that company.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Just caught a quick glimpse Steve before going to work but think it could be the same as mine(sure its posted up here somewhere)
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Awesome! Yeah, somehow I missed that entire thread! Yours is made by the same company as mine. I'm curious to know if any other manufacturer got a contract for these.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm