IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo

oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo Empty Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:04 pm

I picked this uniform set up from a retired Marine (also have a boonie i havent recieved yet). The story goes that he was a "Coyote" instructor at 29 Palms (Tactical Training Excercise Control Group). In 2006 he requested through Crye (and other manufacturers) any new camo or uniform types that they wanted to test out. He claims this version came from Crye. There are no tags or size tags listed anywhere (i checked every pocket). I have no reason to doubt the Marine because he's legit and has other prototype gear. He said they tested this uniform and the feedback wasnt that high due to the lighter-weight material and the dark marks looked like dried blood.

Has anyone seen this camo pattern and could it actually be Crye? The uniform construction is more of an ACU cut and unlike any Crye uniform type ive seen. I know Crye started more of a camouflage and design company and then later on started to actually manufacturer they're own uniforms. Could this have been a Crye designed pattern that they subcontracted to another company to make the uniform? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! (Have more photos if needed)

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo DSC_6932_zpsjqqobuqn

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo DSC_6925_zpsehmczdac

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo DSC_6928_zpsntuafzq7
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo Empty Re: Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:20 pm

This is a HyperStealth pattern... I believe it's the desert viper variant from their SpecAm line.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/spec4ce/pro.html

First physical example I've seen, usually there are only mockups or photosimulations of the pattern. Very nice!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo Empty Re: Odd USMC Prototype Desert Digital Camo

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Youre awesome! Hard to tell based on the website's photo since it looks dark but the pattern seems to match.

Does anyone have photos of USMC actually using this stuff? I thought it was mainly an Army trial thing. And is this stuff hard to find or for the public to order or get a hold of?
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Post by mylle Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Reminds me a bit on a-stan ANCOP camo.
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Hyperstealth made the ANCOP pattern so its very close. I found an article saying they used the "Sierra" pattern while i think the one i have is the Desert Viper
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:45 am

It's a very cool find indeed. I wonder if this pattern is still in production by them? I've seen their order pages but have never bothered to investigate what's being offered. Laughing

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:45 am

I sent the same photos to the email listed on Hyperstealth's website. Well Guy Cramer actually replied himself and here is the reply...

"That would be the SpecAm Desert Viper. Only 10 were made.
    http://www.hyperstealth.com/specops/desert/index.html

Sincerely,
    Guy Cramer, President/CEO
    HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp.
    www.hyperstealth.com"

So i dont think theyre making it anymore, maybe on a large special order. He told me one or two went to the military for testing (which is one i got for the USMC) and the others went to a bad sci-fi movie called "The Last Sential". There are photos online of the actors wearing them.
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 am

I played around with their order pages too but nothing seems to work on it. And plus their website seems to be stuck in around 2005 lol. Doesnt look like its really been updated since
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Post by mylle Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 am

Seems you have found something really rare. Would be interesting what its worth.... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:53 am