IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Stepi
ripcord
Camo_fiend
vonstuck
Berezka
9 posters

Finnish M05 commercially available in September

Berezka
    Berezka
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Tomi
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 16

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Empty Finnish M05 commercially available in September

Post by Berezka Thu May 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Finnish Defence Forces have decided not to renew the patent for the M05 camo, making it available for commercial use next September when it expires. Varusteleka has already placed an order for the fabric and will start producing uniforms as soon as possible. They have plans to produce them in the original cut and some improved versions too. Russians have already been producing copies of the camo for quite some time now and a few legit ones would appear for sale once in a blue moon too, but this would mean that the M05 will be way more common in the future. On the downside it will lose its value as a collectible item though.

Links:
    http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016051121544155_uu.shtml (In Finnish)
    https://www.varusteleka.com/en/news/oh-yes-m05-camouflage-pattern-loses-its-protection/_5732c199
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Empty Re: Finnish M05 commercially available in September

Post by vonstuck Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 pm

So, what will be replaced the M05 pattern? plain fabric in green
    Gilles
    Berezka
    Berezka
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Tomi
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 16

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Empty Re: Finnish M05 commercially available in September

Post by Berezka Thu May 12, 2016 5:31 pm

They're not looking to replace the M05 any time soon, despite the patent expiring. Apparently a lot of time and effort was put into its design and they say it's unlikely they'd come up with anything better.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Interesting news. Would love to get a smock in the green/brown winter pattern, and some pants complete the set with my M05 smock.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Thu May 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Interesting indeed..

This is good news...

Not only will commercial pieces be available, I suspect it may become easier to acquire legit issue items as well.

S
    Stepi
    Stepi
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2013-09-09
    Number of posts : 38

Post by Stepi Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:55 am

ripcord wrote:
    Not only will commercial pieces be available, I suspect it may  become easier to acquire legit issue items as well.

Until the FDF start selling surplus M05 I don´t think there will be a noticeable increase in issue M05 on the market, except for maybe some sets that servicemen swap for commercial ones. I´m pretty sure though that to prevent this from happening the laundry minions will probably be ordered to start checking the labels when guys come to swap their dirty clothes for fresh ones.

But still this is fantastic news!
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

Post by fourtycoats Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:05 pm

This could get me lynched but I came across some M05 Temperate and desert cloth 3 years ago and bought 10 metres of each. Some of the desert became a uniform and some of the temperate became seats for my jeep. See below.

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_0310
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Good job !

And of course it looks great in a Jeep...Even if the steering wheel is in the wrong side... Very Happy

S
    CaptainForrest
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-06-21
    Number of posts : 133

Post by CaptainForrest Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:19 pm

the website i buy from just posted 2 Finnish M05 camo items. they also dropped there shipping prices as well. more pictures to come for other items i guess later on

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/finnish-m05-camo/1839
    Zedthefed
    Zedthefed
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Sam
    Registration date : 2015-07-08
    Number of posts : 92

Post by Zedthefed Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm still waiting on paypal support. Apparently, my plastic money doesn't like paytrail.
    CaptainForrest
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by CaptainForrest Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:59 pm

they use to have paypal when i did orders but then they had a problem and got rid of it but i have had no problems using the paytrail
    CaptainForrest
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by CaptainForrest Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 am

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 23435310

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 23469010

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 37692510

varusteleka m05 camo with my cadpat shirt sorry for photo quality s4 is not that great.

also the bag is a m05 tote bag that came for free with my order its m05 rainwear fabric that was rejected by the military or government cause well, you can barely see the camo on it lol

Made of rejected Finnish army surplus rain suit fabric. Cause of rejection was the pattern which is too dark. Functionally it's just fine. We just couldn't let useful stuff go to waste.

if you need better photos of the m05 i can try again with my s4 or gopro
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Empty M05 copies

Post by fourtycoats Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:08 pm

This photo shows 2 copies of Finnish M05. The suit is Russian from Tactic 9. The hat is from Varustelaka. The suit shows a very rich interpretation of the cammo. Vivid colours, especially the light green. The hat is more subdued. Varustelaka did  a nice job on their copies. I wish I had an original issue jacket with me when this picture was taken as it would have been nice to compare under natural light. I will follow up with this type of picture for your edification. A close up of the para wings would show that they were printed on Irish army cammo cloth. Now that is an interesting story!

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Camera12
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 pm

M05 pattern is a winner ; only natural it would be copied at some point..

Varustelaka did a great job ; their patterns are virtually identical to the issue series of M05.

Really good job with the winter/foul weather  pattern... Get it while it's available.

Tactic9  has made a good copy of the pattern ; the cut is a good one as well..

Ironic that it's called an "Anglija"...

Thanks for posting...Very interesting..

S
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Post by vonstuck Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 100_1710

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 100_1711

Finnish M05 commercially available in September 100_1712
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Good show !!

This is a really nice piece...

S
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Finnish M05 commercially available in September Empty M05 Comparisons--issue and commercial

Post by fourtycoats Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:41 am

I said in an earlier post that I would post some comparative photos of M05 so here they are :-
    First photo L to R
    1. Tactik 9, 2. Tactik 9. Note that this suit is in a slightly darker print. 3, UK S 95 jacket made from issue M05, 4. Issue M05 from Seyntex, 5. SASS made suit using issue Luxembourg cammo

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1611" />

Photo 2.  Same sequence as photo 1.

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1616" />

Photo 3. Seyntex error print M05 on ripstop material

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1618" />

Photo 4.  Front of off print M05 . Note ACU cut

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1619" />

Photo 5  Comparison of Varusteka hat on issue M05 jacket.

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1620" />

Photo 6. Front view of SASS Lux suit.

Finnish M05 commercially available in September <a href=Finnish M05 commercially available in September Img_1621" />
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks for taking the time to show these very interesting pieces of camo.

Tactik 9 pieces are super nice looking and the pattern is , of course , beautiful.

Seyntex ripstop ( error ) is amazing, the Lux suit has a great cut and such a beautiful pattern that is clearly related to the great M05.

S

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:58 am

Another thumbs up! I think I prefer the Tactik 9 lighter colored one over the genuine pattern!

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm