IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat Empty 9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat

Post by nkomo Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:12 pm

This morning I was sorting through my DCU's and found two boonies I had completely forgot I had. Never seen one quite like this before. Both are named to a SSG. Phillips and both have the desert Manchu (9th Infantry Regiment) patch sewn on the back. SSG. Phillips also penned "RECON" on the underside of his boonies. Thought you guys might like to see these. Thanks!!!
    Arch

9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat 00410
    9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat 00510
    9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat 00610

Note: Only one boonie hat was photographed as both hats were identical in appearance.

9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat Empty Re: 9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:07 pm

That's a nice hat, Arch. I have one from the 506th that is very similar. I believe those Regimental patches are pretty hard to come by. I have seen very few of them in this part of the States.

Cheers,

Eric
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat Empty Re: 9th Infantry Regiment patched 3 color boonie hat

Post by nkomo Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:27 pm

oda196 wrote:That's a nice hat, Arch. I have one from the 506th that is very similar. I believe those Regimental patches are pretty hard to come by. I have seen very few of them in this part of the States.

Cheers,

Eric
    Eric,
    I am glad to know that other units wore regimental patches. Would love to see a picture of the one you have from the 506th. Thanks for the information!
    Arch

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:22 pm

That's pretty cool Arch. Don't see regimental patches in DCU very often. Even less than old subdued.. Only one I have is Iraq made. I'll dig out the hat I have.. It's got the standard name in english/sanscrit only.. Tghat's an interesting combo there.

Fins..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm