IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
brencam
Raw01
6 posters

My South African and Homelands collection

PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2013-06-27
    Number of posts : 586

My South African and Homelands collection Empty My South African and Homelands collection

Post by PedroPato Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I have developed a passion for South African and Homeland combat uniforms and webbing and my collection is growing at a steady pace Smile

The first item I'm going to post here is a Transkei camouflage shirt, its cut is very similar to the Rhodesian shirts with scalloped flaps and it is printed in a variant of the lizard camouflage pattern. These shirts still come cheap but I found it well made and i'm even considering using this type of camouflage for hunting. The shirt was made by Sun.

Now I'm waiting to receive a jacket and trousers in the same pattern.

Here are the pictures:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1210

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1213

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1211

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1212
    Raw01
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-10-18
    Number of posts : 34

My South African and Homelands collection Empty Re: My South African and Homelands collection

Post by Raw01 Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Nice bit of kit you have there, do you have the matching pants?
    brencam
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-01-20
    Number of posts : 68

My South African and Homelands collection Empty Re: My South African and Homelands collection

Post by brencam Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Would you like to send me a pm on this-I can help-I have a lot in this area
    In Lisbon on the 20/21/22 october
    Bren
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:04 pm

I have a pair of trousers and a matching jacket coming from the US that I bought last month and it will probably arrive next week.

Brencan, do you have a pair of Namibian lizard trousers? I have some shirts coming from South Africa but did not found any matching trousers.
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Finally got myself a South African P70 pistol holster for my South African webbing and uniform collection!

One peculiar detail with this pattern is that many items have press studs that engage in the press studs in the combat belt to fix the items in place.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1311 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1316 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1312 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1310 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1314 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1313

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1315
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Here are some pictures I took today to show the present state of my mixed P61 and P61-64 SADF webbing set, it comprises:
    - P61-64 belt
    - P61 magazine pouch
    - P61 radio/magazine pouch (I think it was not used with radios anyway but the name pops up frequently)
    - P61 yoke
    - P61-64 kidney pouches
    - P61 poncho/cape carrier
    - P61-64 canteen pouch
    - P61 canteen

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1314

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1315
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Here are some pictures of my SADF P70 webbing set, it is currently assembled with R1 (FN FAL) magazine pouches. Still need to get some more bits to it Smile

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1317

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1316
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Finally received my Transkei jacket and trousers! I got it at the same time as the shirt and it took one month more to arrive.

Here are some pictures:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1424

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1410

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1415

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1419

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1418

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1417

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1414

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1416

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1425

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1426

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1420

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1423
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:31 am

Plain SADF belt:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1431

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1432

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1430
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:38 am

SADF belt with press studs to fix various pouches:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1434

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1433

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1435
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:00 pm

South African Police combat belt, this type of belt was also used by the South West Africa Police and namely the Koevoet. The belt had grommets that allowed a P70 yoke to be mounted on it.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1437

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1436

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1438
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Here is a P70 canteen with a special lid that was issued together with the respirator:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1439 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1440 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1444 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1443 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1442 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1441
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Nice Collection Pedro
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks Loski!

Here is a P61 variant of the left radio/magazine pouch with different fittings, do not know how it was fitted or the purpose of this configuration. What intrigues me is the hook at the back and the lack of C-hooks to fix the pouch in the belt.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6510

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6511
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:12 pm

This is my latest addiction, a South African Police camouflaged sergeant brassard:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1910

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1911

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1912
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Sat May 13, 2017 11:26 am

Got another SAP brassard, I really love this type of camouflage!

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2514 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2513 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2512 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2511
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Tue May 16, 2017 2:11 pm

South African Police long sleeved shirt, what made me happy was that this one even has camouflaged buttons in similar colors!

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2522

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2519

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2523

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2520

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2521
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 am

This is my South African M83 paratrooper helmet, it belong to a South African made batch:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2530 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2533 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2534 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2531 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2529 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2532 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2536 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf2535
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 am

This is a South African P61-64 poncho/cape carrier, the webbing color is greener and the metal fittings have plastic protective coating.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1410 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1412 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1414 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1413 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf1411
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Tue May 23, 2017 6:54 am

South African R4 (Galil) rifle sling:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6511

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6510
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Fri May 26, 2017 6:05 am

South African P61 kidney pouches:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6517 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6515 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6513 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6514 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6512 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6516 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6522

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6518 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6520 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6523 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6519 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6521 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6524 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf6525
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:49 pm

South African Police 2nd camouflage pattern made in 1976:

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4010 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4013 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4012 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4014 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4011 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4015
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Recently got this South African Defense Force 32 Bn camouflage beret in mint condition! This one is from order War era.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4111

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4110
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:56 pm

One of my newest acquisitions, thanks to Ripcord!

South African Police camouflage cap, same model used by the Koevoet during the Border War, the camouflage is the so called 2nd SAP pattern in spite of the existence of 2nd type items predating the so called 1st type.

My South African and Homelands collection 110 My South African and Homelands collection 210 My South African and Homelands collection 310 My South African and Homelands collection 410 My South African and Homelands collection 510 My South African and Homelands collection 610

My South African and Homelands collection 710 My South African and Homelands collection 810 My South African and Homelands collection 910
    PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by PedroPato Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:56 pm

South African Police 1st camouflage pattern bush hat.

This is a bush hat made in the so-called 1st pattern camouflage that was issued to the South African Police at least since the early 70's with some items being dated 1970 and 1971.

This type of camouflage was used by the SAP when deployed to Rhodesia and also in the early stages of the Border War.

My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4316 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4314 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4315 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4318 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4317 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4319 My South African and Homelands collection Dscf4320

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:39 am