IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

British ww2 turtle helmet

Jarno.G
    Jarno.G
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Jarno
    Registration date : 2017-05-08
    Number of posts : 12

British ww2 turtle helmet  Empty British ww2 turtle helmet

Post by Jarno.G Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello can somebody give my some more information about this British ww2 helmet
    and how much you can buy it of sell it

Thx Very Happy

British ww2 turtle helmet  _85110
    British ww2 turtle helmet  _8510
    British ww2 turtle helmet  _85210
    British ww2 turtle helmet  _85310
    edstorey
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-05-27
    Number of posts : 138

British ww2 turtle helmet  Empty Helmet Information

Post by edstorey Fri May 12, 2017 2:40 pm

It is a Mk III Helmet and not a 'turtle helmet' which is idiotic collector slang. As for information on British helmets, quite a bit has been published but since you don't seem to own a single book on the subject, a quick Google search will give you all the free information that you are seeking. The same goes for the all too often asked 'what is it worth' question, check eBay as that will give you an indication as to what the going rate is.

If you want some free advice, learn about what you are collecting and hounding forums to provide you with free information and evaluations on items you either own or intend to purchase is not the way to do it. At some point you will have to go and either purchase a book or two or at least visit your local library. Knowledge is power and by having some it will save you money and more importantly better arm you to effectively engage in is what a very technical hobby.

As you can tell, I have little time for these all too frequent 'what it is and what is it worth' posts as for the most part all that is being requested is previously published information and generally in the end the price is all that seems to matter.
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

British ww2 turtle helmet  Empty Re: British ww2 turtle helmet

Post by abefroman Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm

edstorey wrote:It is a Mk III Helmet and not a 'turtle helmet' which is idiotic collector slang.   As for information on British helmets, quite a bit has been published but since you don't seem to own a single book on the subject, a quick Google search will give you all the free information that you are seeking.   The same goes for the all too often asked 'what is it worth' question, check eBay as that will give you an indication as to what the going rate is.

If you want some free advice, learn about what you are collecting and hounding forums to provide you with free information and evaluations on items you either own or intend to purchase is not the way to do it.   At some point you will have to go and either purchase a book or two or at least visit your local library.   Knowledge is power and by having some it will save you money and more importantly better arm you to effectively engage in is what a very technical hobby.

As you can tell, I have little time for these all too frequent 'what it is and what is it worth' posts as for the most part all that is being requested is previously published information and generally in the end the price is all that seems to matter.

I really hope this is not how we treat young collectors who are trying to learn about our hobby. I remember being a teenage collector and it was always the old grumpy “experienced” collectors like this that left a stain on the hobby. The idea of someone asking a question about something the don’t know as much about is repugnant to these grumpy old men.

I hope the mods can do something about this poster.

SHEMP H. likes this post

1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:36 pm

This was dealt with 2 and a half years ago.

Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dale
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 345

Post by Mk1rceme Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Ed is a bit rough, but he is a huge benefit to the militaria collecting world. I get stomped by him sometimes as well, but I just brush it off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 am