IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Meindl M1 and M2 army boots

Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Meindl M1 and M2 army boots Empty Meindl M1 and M2 army boots

Post by Bert353 Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 am

Hello,
    I'm wondering, since a couple of years the dutch army runs around on those Meindl M1 and M2 boots, according to the Meindl documentation one of these two should have a goretex membrane, and the other not, Is there really a difference in them? I had both types, and I couldn't notice any difference?!?

BTW, the sizing on these Meindl's is different then with the old"bata" boots, in the old I had a 275, and with the Meindl's even my 180's are too small!???
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Meindl M1 and M2 army boots Empty Re: Meindl M1 and M2 army boots

Post by Bert353 Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Hmm, don't know why, but it seems that i cant edit my own post????

By sizing the 180 must be 285.
    59tankbat
    59tankbat
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Marc
    Registration date : 2011-11-29
    Number of posts : 202

Post by 59tankbat Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 am

Meindll shoes are tight,more then the regular dutch army boots and u need a larger size. i went from 270b to 275b fr meind (Desert) maybe its the same for the M1/M2.
    Do you now about the width measure? the S=small, M-medium , B=wide. like 270m 270b. that can vary a lot in different ways
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 am

Hello Marc, yes I know about the with sizes, and that they are thight, that's due to the MFS Memory Foam System, but I guess that doesn't count for the length of your feet, and I noticed when I'm active, running, snowshoeiing and so that they are too short, but other than you (270b-275b) my old Bata's were 275M, and my (too short) Meindl's are 285M, That means that if I get a pair in 290M they might fit?
    But then the difference from 275-290 is 15 mm (quite much I think?!) whereas yours 270-275 is only 5 mm, strange???
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:41 am

Another thing about these M1 or M2's, One is supposed to be with the goretex liner, and the other is supposed to NOT have the Goretex liner, but I've came across both, and they seem to have both the Goretex liner???? how comes?
    Both the M1 and the M2 have that Gore label sewn on?
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:58 pm

no one?
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-01-15
    Number of posts : 273

Post by jeva Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Both have a Gore liner .M1 is the normal version and the m2 is the winter version.
    Both boots will need 2 sizes bigger.
    Both boots are terrible made, made for the dutch army, Dutch specs.
    And these boots are now on the way out for the brand Haix.
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Dutch spec's? that makes me think of the Land-Rover debacle, a perfectly sound vehicle made unreliable because it had to fulfil some stupid spec's of dutch ministers...
    though these Meindls are a derivative of the Meindl Island but instead of the upper three hooks replaced by eylets, and all black leather?

another thing I found stupid, in a age that many army's decided that black is no color, changing their uniforms to multicam, with mostly brown boots (coming from black boots) the Dutch defense agrees on black boots, and that on the eve of the new NFP uniform, perhaps a hungry brainworm in a generals(or ministers) head?

I must say that when I bought my last new pair of Meindl, the sole looked to me as if it was a cheaply made china sole, that was better on the early production Meindl's. the sole was hollow towards the middle, usually you see that only on cheaply made in china sneekers Sad

are you sure about the haix? and so, which modell?
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Meindl M1 and M2 army boots Empty haixxxxxxxxxx

Post by jeva Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 am

I was saturday with the army on the kazerne.
    1 of the man did have these boots on. He is Natres!
    I did ask him for a pictures, will come later.

The Meindl boots are made in Poland not Germany. If you feel the thicknes of the leather can can feel the eyelets better in the army version.
    And i think gore boots are good but not for military use in Holland /UK and more. Because ones wet they stay wet.
    Full leather boots with gore[like] socks work better for me.

I did change the boots for Salamons and altberg.
    I own almost 60 pairs of army boots.

Dutch spec's? that makes me think of the Land-Rover debacle, a perfectly sound vehicle made unreliable because it had to fulfil some stupid spec's of dutch ministers...
    Yes and the YPR fail ,the colt fail, the raingear fail,Airmobile vehicle fail,Totall command fail. enz enz
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 am

Colt and raingear fail? curious, Pm maybe?

60 pair of army boots? so you won't run out anytime fast... Very Happy

I have a pair of Altbergs as well, comfy, but if I go with UK army versions I can't get the perfect sizing for me. got 9,5 UK army only has whole sizes.
    and at the end of the day I got wet (tish) feet in them, (never had that with another boot), that's due to the leather they use, even this time of year. I don't like them that well.

I did like the M-90 Dutch, a very nice boot once broken in, never had any problems with them, when I got them from Beatrix.

When I worn out my last pair 2 years ago, I ordered a pair from I-net, and later it turned out to be a chinese copie, you imagine! after a week I threw them away, completely bad boot!
    After that I ordered a 100€ Bata, at least the uppers were the same quality as I was used to from the Beatrix boots, but the laces were not, as was the inside of the sole, I think they still make them on the old (and now worn) leasts.
    I had two pairs sent back due to the rivets protruding too far into my feet, cutting into my socks and feet!.
    After that I got a reasonably pair, rivets were ok, but the form of the feet (least) wasn't well.
    Blimy, where is the time that you could have a good pair of boots????

You have any good suggestion?

I feel for trying a pair of Norwegian (I think they call them M-37's?) full leather unlined boots.
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by jeva Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:29 pm

I like the lowa brand in desert and the black ones.
    Also 2 my surprise are US made boots very good.
    The best full leathers I did own are Swiss mountain boots .Even without socks I did walk very good.

The colt is rebuilt the guns comeback broken and without end control. The price we pay for the weapons is more then a new gun like the fn scar would cost.

The first rain jacket that was isseud the Parka with rain liner was A goodish idea . At that time there was No silent Gore material. Then there was the parka with glued inner ,not so good in summertime.
    Then the regenparka rainparka, a jacket that will not keep water out and has no ventilation what so ever[no under arm zippers]
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Bert353 Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 pm

you mean the "Parka natweer bilaminaat"?
    That I find one of the best badweather parka's I know of?
    When I entered the airforce, I was issued the Browning 9mm HP, and a Uzi.
    quite some years later when I went to the Army, I was issued the Dimaco C7, brand spanking new, we even had to search for the breach. never had any issues with that one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 am