IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding)

M55q
    M55q
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2017-04-20
    Number of posts : 50

List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding) Empty List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding)

Post by M55q Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:05 am

This here is an interesting list, if anyone wondered what it would cost to loose a piece of your uniform.

Its from a 'fiche dévacuation d'habillement'.
    If my basic understanding of French serves me right, it is a card listing the issued clothing.  
    The card is most likely from the late 1960s - early 1970s. That would correspond with the date on the uniform and other personal papers it came with.

In 1971 the exchange rate between USD and Belgian Francs were $1 - 49 fr.
    In 1975 the exchange rate between USD and Belgian Francs were  $1 - 35 fr.

$1 in 1970 is worth $6,71 as of 2021.
    $1 in 1975 is worth $5,02 as of 2021.

List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding) Belgia11
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding) Empty Re: List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding)

Post by Wolverine Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I have a couple of similar examples from different time frames. One such list came from a friend who was a Belgian soldier about 1980, along with each of the items on the list. He told me that these were the items that conscripts were supposed to keep with them at home after their service was completed. I assume that this was in case of an emergency call-up, the men would already have their basic kit on hand.
    M55q
    M55q
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2017-04-20
    Number of posts : 50

List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding) Empty Re: List of issued clothing (Fiche d'Évacuation d'Habillement / Steekkaart voor Evacuatue van Kleding)

Post by M55q Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Wolverine wrote:Thanks for sharing this. I have a couple of similar examples from different time frames. One such list came from a friend who was a Belgian soldier about 1980, along with each of the items on the list. He told me that these were the items that conscripts were supposed to keep with them at home after their service was completed. I assume that this was in case of an emergency call-up, the men would already have their basic kit on hand.

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense.
    It came with a woollen battledress, paybook etc. - all belonging to the same man.

Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Probably the same deal then. The paper that came with the stuff from 1980 says that items must not be sold, traded, altered, or otherwise disposed of...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 pm