IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper

AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Empty Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper

Post by AndrewA74 Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Hello,
    Here is a picture I got from my Grandparent's today. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what is on his right sleeve? It is a circular patch, and it's not the rating. He was a PO3 at this time I believe, with Phillipine Liberation, Asiatic Pacific, and American Campaign. Now, this was before the end of the war, after he came home from a Naval hospital, but ANYWAYS, can anyone ID the patch? Thanks.
    Andrew

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper MamawNGrandaddy
    Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Patch
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Empty Re: Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper

Post by nkomo Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:00 am

AndrewA74 wrote:Hello,
    Here is a picture I got from my Grandparent's today. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what is on his right sleeve? It is a circular patch, and it's not the rating. He was a PO3 at this time I believe, with Phillipine Liberation, Asiatic Pacific, and American Campaign. Now, this was before the end of the war, after he came home from a Naval hospital, but ANYWAYS, can anyone ID the patch? Thanks.
    Andrew

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper MamawNGrandaddy
    Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Patch

I could be mistaken, but I think that may be for an Aerial Gunner. Can't tell for sure, but it looks like a winged gun.
    Arch

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Empty Re: Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper

Post by nkomo Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:07 am

Here is a close-up, Andrew.

Patch on my Grandfather's navy jumper Post-574

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 am