IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades Empty Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:05 pm

I am selling off a large part of my 3000+/- uniforms over the next many years. As I go forward I will concentrate on 1-2 country's worth of stuff at a time until they are out the door. I'll start with the areas of my collection that I have the least emotional attachment to (yeah, so Spanish and German stuff will be last!) and work from there.

HOWEVER!

I am willing to dip into my collection for trades that get me a few Holy Grail items. The list is not too long and the items are for sure super rare, but hey... no harm in asking, right? If you have any of the following you want to trade (or sell, for that matter) let me know:

Austrian M43 Dot Camo Hat (must have HBA stamp on inside!!!)
    Belgian M48 Waves Para Smock
    Spanish M62 Jacket/Trousers
    West German Para Green Splinter items (ideally Jacket w/plastic zippers)
    West German Para Blue Splinter Trousers
    West German TrVsu Camo items (I have a lot, but am potentially interested in anything)
    East German Para Blumentarn Trousers
    Estonian 2011 TTsKO Set (this is the one cut the same as digital uniform)
    Estonian 3rd Model Digital Trousers (ripstop)
    Estonian 2nd Model Snow Set (sparse camo pattern vs. 1st Model's dense pattern)
    Latvian 1st Model LATPAT (this is the experimental type with Latvia shape pattern)
    Finnish M/05 Temperate Trousers (unissued and I might be fussy about the size)
    Finnish M/05 Desert Trousers (earlier issue smooth cotton and I might be fussy about the size)
    US Army Skorpian CCU Uniform (experimental precursor to Multicam)
    Australian OPFOR Bunny Spot Camo Set
    Canadian 1970s Experimental Camo Pieces (not Tanzania, the earlier stuff)

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Pretty simple, eh?

Steve

jimmyduncan23, ripcord and Collectorpete like this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades Empty Re: Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:55 pm

I just thought of a couple more items:

Czech Fire Brigade Splinter 4 pocket coat
    Estonian Ripstop TTsKO jacket

Steve

jimmyduncan23 likes this post

casper_platoon
    casper_platoon
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Mateusz/Mathew
    Registration date : 2010-07-03
    Number of posts : 255

Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades Empty Re: Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades

Post by casper_platoon Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:56 am

Nooo!
    You are not retiring from collecting? Aren’t You? Sad

jimmyduncan23 likes this post

Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Post by Thibir Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:22 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Czech Fire Brigade Splinter 4 pocket coat

Do you have a photo please? So I know what look for :-)
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:00 pm

casper_platoon wrote:Nooo!
    You are not retiring from collecting? Aren’t You? Sad

Not yet Wink For now what I am doing is selling about 4 pallets of spares and German Polizei uniforms. Yeah, it's a lot of stuff. Then I am going to sell off full countries that I am not as interested in, one at a time, until I am down to a reasonable number of uniforms. I'll probably stop when I'm at about 1000.

I am also gong to sell off all my wet and cold weather uniforms. There's a couple hundred pieces right there. Probably also a lot of my body armor and other equipment.

There is just too much stuff. Last week I "visited" items I have not seen in 10+ years. What is the point of having things like that and not even remember what they are? On the other hand, it was a LOT of fun putting my hands on so many things I have forgotten about.

Thibir wrote:
    CollectinSteve wrote:Czech Fire Brigade Splinter 4 pocket coat

Do you have a photo please? So I know what look for :-)

Sure!

Looking for "elite" items and will dig into my collection for trades S-l16019

There was one on eBay last week, but two guys wanted it more than me so I lost the bid.

Steve
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Post by Thibir Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:43 am

I hope that Czechoslovakia is pretty close to the Germany and Spain in terms of your emotional attachment. Otherwise it might cost me a kidney! :-)

ripcord likes this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Thibir wrote:I hope that Czechoslovakia is pretty close to the Germany and Spain in terms of your emotional attachment. Otherwise it might cost me a kidney! :-)

You can keep your kidneys for now Wink

It is going to be tough to part with any of my stuff, but to give you guys some idea here are the likely candidates for the downsizing (in no particular order):

Greece
    Turkey
    Cyprus
    Russia
    Soviet Union
    "Stans"
    Post Yugoslavia (except Slovenia)
    France
    Italy
    UK
    Ireland
    Portugal
    Ukraine
    Australia
    NZ

This is easily around 300 standard uniforms + 100 cold/wet weather uniforms + hats/helmet covers + equipment.

Nothing in my collection is going for sale (though possibly trade) until all my extras are gone. I'm hoping to sell about 30-40 extras (single pieces, full uniforms, headgear, etc.) every month. At that pace I should start getting into my collection mid next year (2024). Yes, I have a lot of extras Wink After that I will start selling my collection, starting with the non-standard uniforms (in particular cold/wet weather) and then to specific countries.

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:05 pm

I am currently sorting through all my extras.  Maybe one or more of these items will tempt someone to trade for something on my list Smile

1.  BGS experimental Sumpftarn Jacket - this is the one from 1957 with pointed pockets.  excellent condition.
    2.  BGS hooded Sumpftarn ski smock - excellent condition
    3.  BW experimental Punkttarn trousers - very good condition
    4.  BW experimental Oakleaf jacket - near mint condition
    5.  Austrian M57 parka with intact rifle "roll" - good condition
    6.  Austrian M57 Panzer set (missing hood) - good condition

These items would probably fetch me $2000 on US eBay, maybe $3000 if I punted them over to German eBay.  Definitely worthy items to trade for things I'm looking for.

If I find more treasures I'll post here.

Steve
    Doc_KeystoneDiv
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Doc
    Registration date : 2021-10-21
    Number of posts : 23

Post by Doc_KeystoneDiv Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:35 pm

Steve, where on New England are you? I live North if Pittsburgh, and despite being so close, I have never made it to New England, and was just having a discussion about a possible road trip.. if you're offloading camo uniforms, I might have to make a trip!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm