IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Here are two nice handmade SF patches, the one is for Iraqi forces the other is for SF ODA team 525, the guys training them, really happy to get these!

Chris

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Iraqsf
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty Re: US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Very nice patches! I'm hoping to find some of these type patches at the Show of Shows in Louisville next month.
    Arch
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty Re: US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Friend of mine from England is going, Patrick Dempsey

Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

What does he collect?
    Arch
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

He collects a wide range of things, very heavily into vn/cambodia war stuff. But also collects Iraq/afghanistan stuff as well.
    Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Just got another US Local made SF(?) patch for detachment 17. Can't find any info out about these but I dearly love the local made iraq patches
    Chris

US and Iraqi SF insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Usdet17
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Chris,

what is the story on local made patches, do soldiers wear them or just put them up. and are they allowed to wear the local made ones?

Steven

PS the local mde ones look so much better generally than the ones the military makes
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Steven I've no idea whether insignia is worn by SF, I suspect perhaps in some cases yes, others no. I've really not been able to find out any info as of yet.

As to the IRaqi SF insignia I'm guessing they do wear as a morale building esprit de corps type thing.

The Sharkmen apparently had some interesting exploits in the first gulf war

Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Very interesting indeed!!!!

Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Hello All,

did i hear my name mentioned?

There was a selection of locally made insignia at the "SOS", sadly i had three 1 Dollar bills left at the end of the show so i couldn't purchase any...

Patrick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm