IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System

Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-08-15
    Number of posts : 322

Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System Empty Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System

Post by Raptor Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:31 am

Ok Guys. Now seems as good a time as any to open a dedicated thread to the pattern/kit that will replace IP-DPM as the standard general issue pattern in Irish Service. Before you ask the Naval Service are retaining their bespoke NSV DPM pattern but may move to the DFCCS cut once the new supplier is identified and their current tender runs out.

Anyway ITMP is a bespoke pattern developed for the DF by Crye Precision following a similar template to the UKs MTP contract. IE anybody who wishes to use the pattern to print uniforms or kit has to pay Crye a Licence fee for five years following it's introduction. So like MTP it's going to be a while before aftermarket kit in ITMP can be produced cheaply and unlike the UK wont be disposed of by the and Irish equivalent of the Field Textiles Organisation.

ITMP is not MTP or Multicam. It's a pattern in it's own right and has the Defence Forces Cap badge Logo "FF" worked into the pattern to distinguish it as uniquely ours. Much Like the shamrock in the current DPM pattern. "FF" stands for Fianna Fail. Gaelic for "Soldiers of Destiny". A link to The warriors of Irish Mythology. Not to be confused with the Irish political party of the same name.

Anyway. At this time no items of kit exist in the new pattern as the Tender competition to manufacture the new Uniform is ongoing. Below is a picture of the new pattern where you can make out the "FF" at least twice in the pattern. I've also posted a comparison Picture of regular Multicam for Comparison. Please feel free to ask me questions about ITMP/DFCCS and I'll do my best to answer Very Happy

Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System Img_0710
    Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System Itmp10
    Irish Transitional Multicam Pattern and Defence Forces Combat Clothing System Multic10

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 am