IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear)

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2691

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear) Empty Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear)

Post by Haydamaka Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm

Hello, everyone,

I recently wrote several reviews of modern Japanese combat boots (JSDF).

Japanese combat boots reviews

I found that there is a lack of information on this topic in English.

This could be a complementary information to the topics on old and modern Japanese camouflage.

If you have any professional opinions or need to correct the text, please let me know.

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear) Japane10
    Double_Canister

Registration date : 2020-08-04
    Number of posts : 5

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear) Empty Re: Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear)

Post by Double_Canister Mon May 13, 2024 6:15 pm

I'm not really sure where people get the impression that Type 1 camo was exclusive to the airborne brigade or any other unit. There's footage from 1969 or 1970 of the 2nd Division using it and throughout the 80s it seems to have been available to most if not all infantry units.
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2691

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear) Empty Re: Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear)

Post by Haydamaka Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

Hello!
    Thank you for your comment!

"JGSDF Type I was the first camou pattern adopted by Japan after World War II. It was used by the 1st Airborne Brigade and JGSDF Air Defense Artillery Groups in the 1970s–1990s (still in limited use in 2014).
    That’s why it is also known as "Airborne Camo" or just "Old Camo".
    The color scheme of the pattern is based on Hokkaido's wilderness (effective in Sasa veitchii (bamboo) fields), but the shades become distinguishable after wash, and the pattern itself doesn't match to the environment in mainland Japan, leading to the introduction of Type II camouflage.
    "

The source of this information was:
    https://www.revolvy.com/page/List-of-modern-equipment-of-the-Japan-Ground-Self%252DDefense-Force?cr=1

Unfortunately, this link does not work now, I have only information from there. As you know, Internet links and addresses are unstable, it's not like a museum, today they work and tomorrow they don't.
    So to save the information, I transferred it to a WORD-file, the information is saved, but the source is not.

Modern Japanese combat boots reviews (JSDF footwear) E_ua_a10

If the information mentioned was incorrect, and there will be more confirming opinions from our respected experts, I will correct the information in the review, any reasonable corrections of incorrect facts are welcome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:51 pm