IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones)

ireallylikestrichtarn

Registration date : 2022-08-31
    Number of posts : 3

Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones) Empty Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones)

Post by ireallylikestrichtarn Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:10 pm

I'm looking for pictures of camo trench coats, duster, etc. Essentially any camo coat that goes to the knees or longer. I've already seen some pictures of German officers during WWII wearing custom made camo trench coats, so I'm not looking for that. Most sites just bring up cheap looking coats for women, not military stuff.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6965

Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones) Empty Re: Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones)

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:55 am

There's not many out there, that's for sure. Countries that kept trench coats as part of their field uniforms stuck with wool. Many of those nations didn't have a camouflage uniform at all when they were still in use. Since the 1960s trench coats have pretty much been abandoned in favor of shorter "parka" style coats.

The only easy to get a hold of one I can think of is Austrian KAZ57 or KAZ59 parkas. You can find them on eBay pretty easily with the condition often being somewhat faded and repaired.

Steve
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1088

Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones) Empty Re: Looking for pictures of camouflage trench coats or dusters (besides custom German WWII ones)

Post by filupe Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:44 pm

For awhile the NZ Army issued a sort of DPM camo pullover greatcoat which was referred to as a 'Swandri'.

I have also seen, possibly in this forum, a Chinese PLA green DPM long coat which I have also been looking for!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:19 pm