IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
MyZone
2/1kiwi
nkomo
Philip
downboy
bravo_2_zero
misanthropic_gods
Mercenary25
filupe
13 posters

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Empty Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU

Post by filupe Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:26 am

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu05

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu06

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu07

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu01

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu02

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu03

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Dndcu04
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Empty Re: Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I heard that this set was issued to some units in Desert Storm even though they haven't adopted 3 color DCU yet.

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice find man, especially the whole set. I tried to find a set of these a while back, but I could only find the jacket for $200 plus
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 pm

I got this off EBay but in Australia - the seller had a couple of sets and a spare jacket or two. I'll try and see if I can review who it is and ask if he's got anymore - I wear the jacket out sometimes, perhaps the only thing in my collection I do wear!
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 814

Post by bravo_2_zero Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

I have a set of this , they run smaller than the size stated. I use mine as a waterproof when it rains. I take a medium in BDU and i bought this set in large and it's more a medium, the pants are worn as pants rather than over pants and the jacket as a jacket not over jacket like the issue ECWS waterprofs.
    downboy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Nes
    Registration date : 2010-05-23
    Number of posts : 162

Post by downboy Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:17 am

Yes they were worn by some SF.Famous pic of troopers arresting Iraqi soldiers.Same SF were also wearing desrt boots.Commercial/un official items...private sector were much quicker to provide due to less redtape.A lot of civvie stuff where being offered by USCAV and Brigade Quartermasters.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:59 pm

downboy wrote:Yes they were worn by some SF.Famous pic of troopers arresting Iraqi soldiers.Same SF were also wearing desrt boots.Commercial/un official items...private sector were much quicker to provide due to less redtape.A lot of civvie stuff where being offered by USCAV and Brigade Quartermasters.

Can you post that picture, please?

downboy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by downboy Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:
    downboy wrote:Yes they were worn by some SF.Famous pic of troopers arresting Iraqi soldiers.Same SF were also wearing desrt boots.Commercial/un official items...private sector were much quicker to provide due to less redtape.A lot of civvie stuff where being offered by USCAV and Brigade Quartermasters.

Can you post that picture, please?
    PM sent.Need help posting pics,not techie enough.
    Nes
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3120

Post by Philip Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 am

nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 am

There is a surplus dealer in my area that has several sets of these. I THINK they came to him from the local 19th Special Forces Group. I was looking at them one day and saw that they were new with the tag still attached. As I was looking at the tag, I saw that there was a web address for the maker. During the Desert Storm time period, there were no web addresses put on tags for advertsing purposes because the internet wasn't a common thing yet (THANKS AL GORE!).

I did a little checking on the internet and found that Adventure Tech was started about 15 years ago or so. Adventure Tech sells to the US Government. My personal opinion on these things is that they were a SF issued item for units deploying to the "sand box". I saw no reference to these sets on the Adventure Tech website, so they are obviously an older or discontinued item. Whatever the case, NEAT item!

http://www.adventuretech.com/about.html

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Empty reversible scan

Post by downboy Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:22 am

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Revers12
    downboy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by downboy Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 am

downboy wrote:Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Revers12
    Whew!finally got the image out.This pic came from the book TRIUMPH IN THE DESERT published 1991 by Random Century Group Ltd.Image of the operator wearing a watch cap seems to be wearing the 3color DCU pattern.Others wear the plain khaki/night desert reversible Unfortunately the other book that I have that had the series of clearer pics aren`t with me right now.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Afghanistan 2001-2002. (On the right)

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU 28bg1g0

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 am

I finally was able to locate a set of the reversible 3-Color to night desert Goretex. Mine came from a USAF SP. I checked mine for tags and found a label marked "FMI Custom Apparel Falls Manufacturing Inc." I haven't tracked down the squadron this SP was assigned to, but he did have Basic Jump Wings on his DCU's. Not uncommon per se, but it is something you don't see in my neck of the woods often.

Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dan
    Registration date : 2011-03-03
    Number of posts : 368

Post by 2/1kiwi Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:05 pm

I have a jacket like those above, traded for it in Bagram 04 for a Kiwi cap lol
    MyZone
    MyZone
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-07-03
    Number of posts : 127

Post by MyZone Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 am

I have a couple sets....USAF combat control team guys sold em to me.

MyZone~
    Kan
    Kan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Justin Inman
    Registration date : 2010-06-25
    Number of posts : 86

Post by Kan Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I got one of those, found it at my last base's Airman's attic, its a good and cool piece. Got it for free to.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Been tempted many a time when ive seen these crop up but have always gone for silly money but finally managed to bag a jacket and it has arrived today.

Didnt know anything at the time about them being cut on the small size( I wear a Small/Reg) and the one I won is a Medium so was worried it may be big but fits a treat,if anything a bit small in the body length(compared to the issue ECWCS Parkas) but not overly short.

Also after having owned a few issue Goretex parkas,very surprised at how lightweight and compact it is and perfect timing given the lousy weather we are having here at the moment,just hope its still waterproof!!!
    bryang
    bryang
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2016-12-31
    Number of posts : 20

Post by bryang Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 am

I was with the 5th Special Forces Group from '86 to '97, then again from '05 to '08.    When I arrived to the Group (still at Ft Bragg, NC in those days) I was issued tan desert Gortex parka and trousers.  I believe these were commercial, off-the-shelf, and special issue to our unit.  Light desert tan, reversible desert night cammo pattern on the inside.

We wore them in the First Gulf War.

I kept mine when I left Group in 1997, and still have them today.  My jacket and trousers hang with some of my (very) old military jackets and hats outside the entryway to my 'man cave.'

My desert jacket and trousers are hanging on the left side of this photo:

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Gortex10

A photo of me wearing it in Kuwait during the ground offensive, First Gulf War:

Reversible Goretex - Day/Night DCU Gortex11
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1407

Post by Wolverine Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Very cool image, thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:13 am