IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment

pwmiraldi67
    pwmiraldi67
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-06-21
    Number of posts : 80

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment Empty Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment

Post by pwmiraldi67 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 am

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment WwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwUSGrunt17-2

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment WwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwUSGrunt17-3

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac020-1

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac024

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment WwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwUSGrunt17-4

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac025
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment Empty Re: Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 am

This is very cool...you guys did a good job

I have some Soviet stuff that was captured from a BMP, I got these items directly from the Vet. It was a Soviet Belt Buckle, a canteen and a Russian Tankers Helmet. HE also gave me a book printed in Japan about the 82nd Abn in OUF, there are some GREAT reference photos in there.

That time period was very strange for camouflage, the 82nd was wearing a mixture of ERDL, Woodland, OD Green, M-1 helmets and the then new K-Pots.
    pwmiraldi67
    pwmiraldi67
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment Empty Re: Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment

Post by pwmiraldi67 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:50 am

Right you are!! The 82nd was the 1st to get the BDUs which were super heavy and 50% poly cotton blend and HOT!!! they had a bunch of heat casulties in Grenada due to the BDU Battle disco Uniform LOL
    dont forget they also had the RDF pattern too, looked like ERDL, but more brown and straight pockets Smile

paul

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac023-1

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac021-1

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment SpecialForcesftMac022-1
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 am

Ha ha, you are right. I did forget about RDF. Man, that time period was even more of a mashup than OIF 5, with the BDU, DCU and ACU.

Ever since I got those captured items last year, I have been pretty interested in OUF...its not something you see too many people knowing about. I also got a OUF era 1st BN 75th INF patch at the dollar bin at my local surplus shop Very Happy

Like I said, you guys did a freaking GREAT job.
    pwmiraldi67
    pwmiraldi67
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by pwmiraldi67 Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks again, i had a tourist map used by the Rangers, but sold it to a guy from a Museum, man i should have kept it!!! LOL

Yea had a great time shooting this, 4 days of lots of fun and long ass hours, got some more photos I'll have to post later Smile
    thanks again for the kind words

paul
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 am

I know one 82nd Airborne veteran who was in Grenada. This war is so short, I have a funny story. He told me that his squad arrived the island by the plane, after it landed, his squad moved around to secure the airfield, kneeling in the cover and scouting out for any enemy activities..... THEN one Special Forces guy walked to them from nowhere chuckling and said "The war is over". They missed the war. lol!

Operation Urgent Fury 1983 Grenada 2nd Batt. Ranger reenactment Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Corpl. Cleaver
    Corpl. Cleaver

Name : Tyler
    Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 323

Post by Corpl. Cleaver Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Looks great guys, nice job.
    What is the small pouch on the suspenders in pic 2?? I can't remember.

Corpl. Cleaver
    Reenacting & Living History Moderator

"Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend." -John 15:13

RIP Lester Scheaffer, KIA September 12th 1944. 29th Infantry Division.

A member of The Ill Tempered Men
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Corpl. Cleaver wrote:Looks great guys, nice job.
    What is the small pouch on the suspenders in pic 2?? I can't remember.

Corpl. Cleaver
    Reenacting & Living History Moderator

Strobe pouch.

Corpl. Cleaver
    Corpl. Cleaver

Name : Tyler
    Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 323

Post by Corpl. Cleaver Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 pm

okay, thanks Merc. The small orange strobe right?

"Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend." -John 15:13

RIP Lester Scheaffer, KIA September 12th 1944. 29th Infantry Division.

A member of The Ill Tempered Men
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:20 pm

yup. Those are easy.. It's the *&^%ing pouch that is hard to find. I can't keep 'em in stock IF I'm lucky enough to find any.

Fins..

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Yes, it is orange strobe.

1stDivvet, I've been looking for one but no luck.

Cheers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am