IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
misanthropic_gods
zvez
sepia
7 posters

New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!

sepia
    sepia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-10-20
    Number of posts : 20

New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!  Empty New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!

Post by sepia Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!  24332d
    An Afghan soldier, right, stands as a U.S. soldier kneels on the ground in Panjwai district of Kandahar province, south of Kabul, Afghanistan Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010.
    From MP.net Rolling Eyes
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!  Empty Re: New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!

Post by zvez Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 am

It looks like a desert version of the green digital they wear. Any idea what the letters on the patch stand for?
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!  Empty Re: New Afghan desert Digital Camo uniform!

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:05 am

Just a wild guess.....Afghan National Corps of Police?

Im guessing at least the first 3 are right Very Happy

Thats a NICE uniform by the way, good eye for spotting that!
    sepia
    sepia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-10-20
    Number of posts : 20

Post by sepia Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 am

I hear this camo for Afghan Nation Police only and woodland digital camo for Afghan Nation Army=ANA. study
    I think ANCOP=Afghan Nation COP? scratch
    joni firpo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-05-16
    Number of posts : 132

Post by joni firpo Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Ha-ha! As I see he sports an AMD-65 hungarian made rifle. Now I see where our obsoleted guns are landed ...
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:47 pm

It actually stands for Afghan National Civil Order Police. Very close, Shane!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_National_Civil_Order_Police

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:49 pm

joni firpo wrote:Ha-ha! As I see he sports an AMD-65 hungarian made rifle. Now I see where our obsoleted guns are landed ...

Having shot various makes and models of the AK series of weapons, I must say the Hungarian AK's are the best manufactured. However, I was never a big fan of the AMD-65. I just don't like the stock.

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:33 am

nkomo wrote: Having shot various makes and models of the AK series of weapons, I must say the Hungarian AK's are the best manufactured. However, I was never a big fan of the AMD-65. I just don't like the stock.
    I've always enjoyed the Romanian AKs, myself (except for those funky front grips) The Hungarian AK-variants are also extremely well-manufactured. However -- the AMD-65 is, as Arch said, somewhat odd. I too found the stock to be kind of "wonky"; it felt cumbersome and sort-of in the way. Didn't affect its performance, though.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:16 am

joni firpo wrote:Ha-ha! As I see he sports an AMD-65 hungarian made rifle. Now I see where our obsoleted guns are landed ...

You mean you didn't give them all to the Iraqi Police that trained in Hungary many years ago?

Smile

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am