IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

    More unknowns

    avatar
    sgm
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Scott
    Age : 67
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2010-08-26
    Number of posts : 41

    More unknowns Empty More unknowns

    Post by sgm Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm

    more unknown insignia.

    More unknowns Unknown5
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate


    Location : USA
    Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by DS9ACU Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 pm

    Middle snake one and lower two are East German. The snake one is a medical one, cross rifles (not to sure) but something about marksmanship and the cog with the lightning I think has to do with engineers.
    2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant


    Location : AUSTRALIA
    Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by 2ndAIF Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:35 am

    the crown in the wreath is a Britsh rank patch for warrant officer class 2, from memory it is worn by the company Quartermaster sergeant
    avatar
    sgm
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Scott
    Age : 67
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2010-08-26
    Number of posts : 41

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by sgm Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 pm

    Flecktarn92 wrote:Middle snake one and lower two are East German. The snake one is a medical one, cross rifles (not to sure) but something about marksmanship and the cog with the lightning I think has to do with engineers.

    Thank you for the IDs.

    Scott
    avatar
    sgm
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Scott
    Age : 67
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2010-08-26
    Number of posts : 41

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by sgm Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 pm

    2ndAIF wrote:the crown in the wreath is a Britsh rank patch for warrant officer class 2, from memory it is worn by the company Quartermaster sergeant

    Thank you for the ID.

    Scott
    filupe
    filupe
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR


    Location : Oz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by filupe Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm

    First insignia is a Thai qualification badge of some sort.
    avatar
    sgm
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Scott
    Age : 67
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2010-08-26
    Number of posts : 41

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by sgm Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm

    filupe wrote:First insignia is a Thai qualification badge of some sort.

    Thank you for the ID. Would you know of a good web site so I can figure out which badge it is?

    Scott
    jim
    jim


    Name : jim
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2011-01-03
    Number of posts : 5

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by jim Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:19 pm

    The British Rank badge or Rank Warrant/Crown is a WO2 (RQMS) (T) or (M), ie Warrant Officer 2nd Class Regimental Quarter Master Sergeant (Technical or Maint). He is the Quartermaster's (QM)'s 2IC effectively in the Regiment's QM Stores although WO2 Regimental Admin Orderly Warrant Officers (RAOWO) and WO2 QuarterMaster Sergeant Instructor's (QMSI)'s also wear this rank badge.HIH
    avatar
    sgm
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Scott
    Age : 67
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2010-08-26
    Number of posts : 41

    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by sgm Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm

    jim wrote:The British Rank badge or Rank Warrant/Crown is a WO2 (RQMS) (T) or (M), ie Warrant Officer 2nd Class Regimental Quarter Master Sergeant (Technical or Maint). He is the Quartermaster's (QM)'s 2IC effectively in the Regiment's QM Stores although WO2 Regimental Admin Orderly Warrant Officers (RAOWO) and WO2 QuarterMaster Sergeant Instructor's (QMSI)'s also wear this rank badge.HIH

    Thank you for the additional information Jim.

    Scott

    Sponsored content


    More unknowns Empty Re: More unknowns

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:59 am