IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
filupe
saltefanden
panzerwerk
7 posters

Desert Combat Shirt

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Desert Combat Shirt  Empty Desert Combat Shirt

Post by panzerwerk Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

Not sure if this is issue or commercial .

Desert Combat Shirt  DanishdesertCS1
    Desert Combat Shirt  DanishdesertCS2
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Desert Combat Shirt  Empty Re: Desert Combat Shirt

Post by saltefanden Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Nope, that looks to be the real McCoy.
    I've found quite a few in Danish surplus stores recently, in all sizes from S to 2XL.

The first Danish army issued under armour shirts were khaki or brownish on the torso with only a small collar and arms in the T/99 camouflage. This newest one is many times more comfortable and offers better protection from both sun, dust and flame.

Should you wish to build on towards a full, authentic Danish desert kit, I suggest getting the 'old' OD webbing belts, being offered on eBay for 8 USD (!) in mint, unissued condition. Get' em before I do!
    They were out 10 years ago, when all was being replaced with newer, stronger nylon belts and PLCE-equipment, but got back in vogue with the troops in Afghanistan, as the nylon was way too hot to carry.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks , Good to know its the real deal !
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Found a picture from the Helmand theater to show the current issue under armour shirt.

Desert Combat Shirt  Isaf1118[url][/url]
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Awesome , Thank You !!!
    filupe
    filupe

Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 pm

I recently downloaded the Danish film 'Armadillo', essentially a Danish version of 'Restrepo' - the version I saw had English subtitles so was quite understandable (they use quite a few English words in daily language anyway). Saw a few of these under armour shirts in there as well ...
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:46 am

Yep the 'Armadillo' movie sparked quite a lot of controversy in Denmark, both because of the intense combat scenes, rather visceral pictures and especially troop behavior - the after battle high-fiveing and hoots of joy is understandable between combat troops just out of the heat, but Danish audiences had mainly been fed government reports that the Danish contingent was there on a peacebuilding mission, creating schooling, fresh water access and housing for the Afghan people, so most were shocked the fighting was so fierce and the school-building bit virtually non-existant.

Up till 2010, a surprisingly large amount of Danish troops bought Sabre/XGO- and later NFM/XGO-made under armour shirts, out of their own pockets, as the issued one were not sufficiently comfy, protective or hardwearing. Now I think they've got it nailed.

And yes, most communications and commands between Danish troops are in English, as they work closely together with British and American troops, and almost all NATO mission preparation and training is done in english.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 pm

I have not been able to find an NTSC-coded Armadillo DVD, except for one listing on eBay: $13 shipped from China tells me it probably isn't what I'm looking for quality-wise. Laughing

But the documentary looks very interesting. I read somewhere it is supposed to be released in the US sometime this year...

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Tophe
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-05-25
    Number of posts : 35

Post by Tophe Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 am

Finally get mine too :

Desert Combat Shirt  120121121746951479326355

And in Armadillo you can also see some of them wearing the Tacgear UBACS in german desert camo.
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 am

Woo-hoo, congrats Tophe!

It even looks in real good condition, which is not always the case.

And yes, the Armadillo film shows Danes in German colours. The film was made in 2009, when Danish UBACS were not up to scratch. The XGO-shirts in Danish desert were few and expensive, and Tac Gear had not made a Danish, only a German desert colour under armour shirt.

(Though I fell over two Tac Gear UBACS on German eBay a few months back, in true Danish desert. They sold immediately at 120 EUR, sadly not to me)
    HomerJ
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Josh
    Registration date : 2012-02-24
    Number of posts : 14

Post by HomerJ Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 am

My Sabre-XGO Combat Shirt, it helps fulfill my Armadillo obsession lol, many thanks to Saltefanden on this one Wink

Desert Combat Shirt  163341_467019119991072_100000489632833_1766357_67978366_n

The issued ones you guys have do look pretty sweet, I must say! Nice finds!

/Josh
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-06-06
    Number of posts : 119

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 am

have a question.

Is the designation of the Desert Camo M84 Desert or was called something else?

I saw a couple of those dersignation referring to the Denmark Desert Camo, but i never knew which one is the correct term

I have seen

M84 Desert
    M84 Tropentarn Camo
    T99 Camo
    T01 Camo

on another note, i always misspell denmark to danmark.....it's quite confusing e when refer to a country a when refer to their people.

By the way i love the killing 2, and the WTF danish commando that killed all the people, couldn't believe that cop is the guy all along......
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 am

M/84 really is the name of the first Danish camouflaged uniform system. But the name is now synonymous with the green, temperate woodland pattern.
    First it was printed only on the heavier twill uniform and selected pieces of gear, but later came also a ripstop uniform in the same pattern, sometimes referred to as 'Balkan's' as it was firstly used by peacekeeping troops in Bosnia.

From what I can gather T/99 (Test uniform 99) was the first ripstop uniform system issued in the desert pattern.

The M/01 is the newer ripstop uniform system, issued in woodland and desert pattern both.
    I guess one should stick simply to Danish desert pattern, or specify it to M/01 desert pattern, but the T/99 might fly as well.

You may see the German terms 'Fleck'- or 'Tropentarn'-names used to describe the Danish patterns, because they are so closely related.

All a bit confusing, I admit - it'll be much easier now that the Mighty MultiCam completely takes over for both patterns... No

ripcord likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 pm