IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Some original American Civil War Jackets

1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Some original American Civil War Jackets Empty Some original American Civil War Jackets

Post by 1stDivVet Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:47 am

Here's my original 1850's and 1860's uniforms. All are jackets only.

Late 1850's West Point dress jacket. Un-named with full lining and all buttons. Minor mothing and a few bad spots in the trim.
    Some original American Civil War Jackets Westpoint1850

Union Staff 2nd Lt. Frock coat. Un-named and once fully lined. The horsehair lining in the skirt has rotted away. This one came from a costume shop and had to be partially restored. It originally had a mix of brass buttons(polics, fire dept, railroad, and post office) and 3 New Jersey state seal buttons. Also came with the hand made 17th Corps pin, probably a reunion piece as well as the staff Lt shoulder straps. I found a set of matched Johnson & Steele marked staff buttons for it.
    Some original American Civil War Jackets 17thcorpslt

Union Navy sailor's blouse. Un-named and un-lined. The destinctive yoke on these give them away. The trim is all hand sew on as is the decorative stitching and the blue silk pocket lining.
    Some original American Civil War Jackets Unionnavy

Confederate late war shell jacket to a 1st Lt in the Washington Light Artillery. Tailor made of fine English broadcloth and fully lined in brown polished cotton. Has plain domed buttons with a Paris maker stamp on them. Shoulder boards are Union type for a 1st Lt with single tarnished gold bars at the edges.
    Some original American Civil War Jackets 50wacoat

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have over the years.

Fins...

Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-12-12
    Number of posts : 50

Some original American Civil War Jackets Empty Re: Some original American Civil War Jackets

Post by Edward T. Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 am

Wow, just simply amazing that these cloth items have survived over 150 years! Very Happy

I have never seen Civil War uniforms in a personal collection before. Great job with preservation!.
    William_Blond
    William_Blond
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-09-26
    Number of posts : 74

Some original American Civil War Jackets Empty Re: Some original American Civil War Jackets

Post by William_Blond Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 am

Hi 1stDivVet !

Amazing collection of uniforms Shocked i have to say the same of Edward, I have never seen CW uniforms before on a personal collection, congratulations !

The union and confederate jackets are beautiful ! cheers
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy I have had most of these since the mid 80's. I bought them when I was a teenager before the prices really shot up. Things were easy to find and cheap then. I used to see more for sale, but it's dwindled to maybe 7 or 8 a year tops. It's hard to find good ACW stuff anymore.

Fins

Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-09-26
    Number of posts : 74

Post by William_Blond Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I can imagine, in the 80's I think in every places the prices were low than today. I don't know what's the price of a CW jacket, but I can imagine that nowadays could be very high Very Happy Very Happy, it's a pity. In Spain happen the same.

Well, if you have more jackets like these, I would like to see more Smile have you got a confederate and union hats ?, I'm interested in these hats also.

Nos vemos !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am