IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
krzysztof
Bury_Dave
filupe
Militaryman
saltefanden
magic2
JYN
Camo_fiend
Mercenary25
fourtycoats
Easy Gee
15 posters

F1 HBT Jacket

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

F1 HBT Jacket Empty F1 HBT Jacket

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Guys.

Here I have a French F1 m80 Jacket.Dated 1984, can anyone give me a bit more info on these model Jackets, when did these discontinue, to be overtaken by the CCE pattern, etc, any info will be good info. Wink

If anyone has any period pics of these jackets in use that would really great!!!

F1 HBT Jacket P5280014

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

F1 HBT Jacket Empty Re: F1 HBT Jacket

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 28, 2011 1:42 pm

F1 HBT Jacket P5280015
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 28, 2011 1:43 pm

F1 HBT Jacket P5280016
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Anyone, anyone at all Sad
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

F1 HBT Jacket Empty Research

Post by fourtycoats Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:26 pm

fourtycoats wrote:Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?

Hmmm,Fair enough mate..... slighty hostile approach, but that's an issue you will have to deal with I guess....

I thought we were here to help each other out, when googling did'nt come up with anything useful, hence this post, !!!!!!!!!

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:40 pm

fourtycoats wrote:Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?

Take it easy, don't forget what the forum is for. Everyone is here to learn and share information. As far I'm concerned, there aren't any threads about OD green F1 jacket here. If people keep making many threads to ask the same questions that already have been answered then it would be different story.

Easy Gee, I'm sorry that this isn't my field or I would've helped you out.

Cheers.

F1 HBT Jacket Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:

Take it easy, don't forget what the forum is for. Everyone is here to learn and share information. As far I'm concerned, there aren't any threads about OD green F1 jacket here. If people keep making many threads to ask the same questions that already have been answered then it would be different story.

Easy Gee, I'm sorry that this isn't my field or I would've helped you out.

Cheers.

Thanks Merc, I appreciate that if you knew anything ,you would help me out, many thanks anyway Wink

To be totally upfront, these hostile attitudes are not constructive, and I actually find them offensive, but thanks for moderating this in the way you have, good job Wink
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Gary, nice F1 jacket. If I remember correctly, CCE was phased in sometime around 1994 or thereabouts. I remember reading somewhere that trials were started sometime around 1992, with widescale issue coming in around 1994.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:50 am

Camo_fiend wrote:Hi Gary, nice F1 jacket. If I remember correctly, CCE was phased in sometime around 1994 or thereabouts. I remember reading somewhere that trials were started sometime around 1992, with widescale issue coming in around 1994.

Cool Cheers Ben, thanks for the info, I have drawn a blank on specific info on these jackets...so that's great cheers
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-05-31
    Number of posts : 84

Post by JYN Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:02 am

Gary,

During my military period in the 1980s, I was wearing the F1 jacket as well as the Satin 300 jacket. As I was working at the HQs of the Regiment, I was wearing the F1 as my mates were wearing the Satin 300. When you are among officers to need to be smart. The F1 was more used for parades and the Satin 300 for maneuveurs, guards, etc...

Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 am

JYN wrote:

Gary,

During my military period in the 1980s, I was wearing the F1 jacket as well as the Satin 300 jacket. As I was working at the HQs of the Regiment, I was wearing the F1 as my mates were wearing the Satin 300. When you are among officers to need to be smart. The F1 was more used for parades and the Satin 300 for maneuveurs, guards, etc...

Jean-Yves

Thanks JY, that's very useful information indeed, I will search for pics of the F1 in use in parades...thanks again Mate Very Happy
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-05-31
    Number of posts : 84

Post by JYN Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 am

Gary,

It was a PFC speaking, for examples menber of the armed forces as NCOs and officers were wearing F1 most of the time.
    Jean-Yves
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:18 pm

JYN wrote:Gary,

It was a PFC speaking, for examples menber of the armed forces as NCOs and officers were wearing F1 most of the time.
    Jean-Yves

Cool thanks JY, that makes sense so thanks again Mate, I think I need to invest in some more ref books on French uniforms from the 70's/80's Wink
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

Post by magic2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 am

hi,my jacket dated 1977 with written armee francaise on left shoulderF1 HBT Jacket 19022016F1 HBT Jacket 19022017F1 HBT Jacket 19022018
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by magic2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 am

I remember the pictures seen in the raids magazine of 1995 with the French soldiers to comore island wore almost all the camouflage green. regards.
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 am

There is a huge trend in Copenhagen at the moment, where our young girls wear French OD F1's and F2's and CCE F2 jackets - every shabby chic fashion store sells them, and there is litterally thousands around.

They are curiously enough all the same size (96N) and the earliest I've spotted are OD F1's from 1983 and the earliest F2 CCE ones dated 94'. The latest F2 OD ones however where 1997, so the French army must have kept the plain greens for a few years along with CCE's? I've read somewhere that it was primarely the Gendarmerie, that kept the OD's on.

Fashion-wise the same thing happened a few years ago when it was Italian 1960's and -70's OD jackets.
    Everybody wore them for half a year and prices for torn, worn and faded jackets reached into a 110 Dollars US...
    - that's fashion for you.
    Militaryman
    Militaryman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-10-28
    Number of posts : 122

Post by Militaryman Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 pm

FourtyCoats, take a chill pill man! The forum is here so we can all share information and knowledge! Easygee sorry you had to get a response like that its uncalled for. Sorry i also cant help as i specialize in African Camo.......let me know when you have anything African and i'll be glad to assist, unlike some on here..

Cheers Mate
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 am

magic2 wrote:hi,my jacket dated 1977 with written armee francaise on left shoulderF1 HBT Jacket 19022016F1 HBT Jacket 19022017F1 HBT Jacket 19022018

Very nice Jacket mate, I really like the look of this one, it has many interestinf features about it Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 am

magic2 wrote:I remember the pictures seen in the raids magazine of 1995 with the French soldiers to comore island wore almost all the camouflage green. regards.

That's very interesting information, Magic. Nice one Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:15 am

saltefanden wrote:There is a huge trend in Copenhagen at the moment, where our young girls wear French OD F1's and F2's and CCE F2 jackets - every shabby chic fashion store sells them, and there is litterally thousands around.

They are curiously enough all the same size (96N) and the earliest I've spotted are OD F1's from 1983 and the earliest F2 CCE ones dated 94'. The latest F2 OD ones however where 1997, so the French army must have kept the plain greens for a few years along with CCE's? I've read somewhere that it was primarely the Gendarmerie, that kept the OD's on.

Fashion-wise the same thing happened a few years ago when it was Italian 1960's and -70's OD jackets.
    Everybody wore them for half a year and prices for torn, worn and faded jackets reached into a 110 Dollars US...
    - that's fashion for you.

Hi Ronny.

Fashion and the military seem to go hand in hand, and I remember wearing an OD Italian Jacket, with a US OD hood attached around 84/85 ( I still own this one), all my mates at the time where wearing DPM, I was the odd one out, I guess I was trying to make a statement Laughing
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:17 am

Militaryman wrote:FourtyCoats, take a chill pill man! The forum is here so we can all share information and knowledge! Easygee sorry you had to get a response like that its uncalled for. Sorry i also cant help as i specialize in African Camo.......let me know when you have anything African and i'll be glad to assist, unlike some on here..

Cheers Mate

Thanks Mate, and no worries, I don't currently own any African pieces, but when I do I definitely will give you a shout Very Happy
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by magic2 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:34 pm

hi, Easy Gee, I can just put some pictures of French soldiers in green to comore island. regards.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    I think I need to invest in some more ref books on French uniforms from the 70's/80's Wink

I don't believe there is many widely available - certainly not in the English language. My knowledge of the F1 OD fatigues started with the Kolwezi operation of 1976 - somewhere between there and the intro of CCE they came up with the F2 variant (the difference of which I am still largely ignorant of - not to mention 'Satin 300'). I can't ever remember coming across the designation 'M80' but if you were looking for pictures in use then you might want to google French operations in Lebanon.

I hope between the input of our French members and the assorted pieces we have in our own collections (myself included) we can piece together an accurate timeline of the evolution of French OD fatigues - at least approaching the dearth of information available on the sexier camouflaged 'tenue leopard'!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 pm

magic2 wrote:hi, Easy Gee, I can just put some pictures of French soldiers in green to comore island. regards.

Hi Magic.

That would be great if you could add some reference pictures, cool thanks Mate Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:35 am