IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
filupe
Easy Gee
CollectinSteve
panzerwerk
fourtycoats
Camo_fiend
Mk1rceme
11 posters

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed.

Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dale
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 345

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed. Empty Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed.

Post by Mk1rceme Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Nearly had to shed a tear when I watched this vid. Shows the shredding of CADPAT uniforms.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/news-nouvelles/story-reportage-eng.asp?id=5340
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed. Empty Re: Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed.

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm

I actually did cry! Okay, not really... but I thought about it. Laughing

Why is the Canadian government doing this? It's like shredding money! Are the laws regarding sale/possession of CADPAT by non-military individuals really that stringent? Couldn't they generate a slight return on their investment by selling unserviceable uniforms instead of destroying them?

Due in part to how difficult it is to obtain legitimate CADPAT, many collectors & gear enthusiasts (myself included) would be more than happy to buy a worn-out set to round out their collection; even with the faded colours and big "D" for disposal written on the tags... anything's preferable to destroying them.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed. Empty Re: Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed.

Post by fourtycoats Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm

It is nice to understand that these uniforms are not going to waste. After they have become land fill, they will provide nutrients for plants to grow which will fit in well with the surrounding vegetation.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Sad , I am glad I got a set !

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed. CADPATarid1
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Sad, but as the report states this nothing really new. They used to just burn them before. And if you guys have seen what CADPAT looks like when it's been turned in... well... not much left to it!

Steve
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Glad I got one in my collection, before it was turned into compost!!
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I missed this - it's already been pulled from Canadian Army website. Were they shredding Temperate or Arid Cadpats?
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 pm

It was mostly temperate CADPAT, but there were a few arid CADPAT uniforms in there as well.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    treetop
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-10-17
    Number of posts : 17

Post by treetop Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 am

I was talking with a very large surplus dealer in the area and he told me that the USMC is also shredding their used MARPAT uniforms.
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I have 2 complete sets of CADPAT TW (Includeing winter parka and boonie cap) Smile Its fun to be friends with a Colonel in the CF Wink

Note: Both unissued
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:17 am

treetop wrote:I was talking with a very large surplus dealer in the area and he told me that the USMC is also shredding their used MARPAT uniforms.

According to Federal law (I've got a copy of it on my harddrive somewhere), all material based military surplus (including things like camo nets) are supposed to be destroyed or otherwise made unserviceable. This has been the case for a long, long time (I think since WW2, but I'd have to double check that). The problem with the law, like so many other laws, is that there is no funding provided to comply with the law. So it seems the law is routinely ignored and the uniforms are mostly surplussed.

About 5 or 6 years ago a surplus dealer I knew told me that he went to one base and they were destroying all their uniforms. He went to another base and bought a container load of brand new uniforms as surplus. That speaks to the consistency of the application of the law.

Steve
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

Post by Spañiard Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 am

I know 110% all CF.Gear ect used by the Canadian Forces. It's illegal for any Civilian to have in there possession or sell.
    If caught you will face Criminal Charges in Canada. CF. Are issued and don't pay for their gear, however once you "Turn-In"
    any gear missing U have to pay for it.

Now I went to Camp-Lejeune and bought gear from the depot, I have a water bottle with the tag, I Kept and payed $4.??usf for it.
    However I know theres gear that has US restriction for sale, ect. Like Surefire HL A-B-C-D could not be shipped outside the US
    but sold in The USA. Now Yes.

Very sad to watch...CADPAT uniforms being destroyed. Pictur15

Hummm I was sent USMC gear, all GEN II and was advised of New restrictions that are being enforced by the US. I was on Evil-Bay few weeks ago checking Canadian FWW & SWW for my collection and checked the Military gear ect being Sold. Holy Crap guess they have to Stop Ebay First, since I saw so much present US gear ect being sold.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am

Every so often there is some noise made about cutting off the supply of military items into the private sector. Even the ones purposefully made for the private sector. However, the defense contractors have probably said that the next time they bid on a military contract they will charge several times more for everything they do. Defense contractors are desperate to have commercial customers, so cutting them off will not make them happy.

So what happens is the government makes noise about it one the one hand, does absolutely nothing on the other. They know they can't control it anyway so it's a "fool's errand" to even try.

Steve
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Mr.Steve You got that right.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:It was mostly temperate CADPAT, but there were a few arid CADPAT uniforms in there as well.

Yes I checked they removed it quickly. They were probably burning the old fade away CADPAT, wash few times and the colour disappears.
    Put a match see how fast those Burn. For Moi its FROG, 3M, Nomex, ect. Even my underwear are FR,
    please note stains are optional. LMAoooo
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-06-06
    Number of posts : 119

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:47 pm

that's not the saddest way to go, working at an aid station, i saw uncounted blood soaked uniform got put in a bag labelled "Bio Hazard"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm