IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Empty F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging.

Post by Gulf91 Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:00 am

Managed to track down some edging and am over the moon as it looks pretty much identical to the stuff used by the French Military bounce bounce bounce bounce

I own 100s of various helmets-some extremely rare and some exotic but i must say that this humble helmet now ranks as one of my all time favourites Very Happy Very Happy

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. A9607fed

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. B4a13049

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. E7c6895e

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Dcdd3f63

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. E2ca3a3f

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Eccd5cc9
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Empty Re: F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging.

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Nice one Rich, I really like whatt you've done there...I am inspired Mate Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Empty Re: F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging.

Post by Gulf91 Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:43 am

Easy Gee wrote:Nice one Rich, I really like whatt you've done there...I am inspired Mate Very Happy

Thanks Gary,i love it and think it worked out quite well Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:28 am

Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Nice one Rich, I really like whatt you've done there...I am inspired Mate Very Happy

Definetely Mate, did you source the door trim from ebay, I may do the same Mate..looks very authentic Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:48 am

Hope you don't mind me tagging mine onto yours Rich Wink F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7270014F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7270015F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7270016F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7270017
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:04 am

And another "tagger on" Rich, Vive La France Ebay, worth the hassle yes indeed !!!

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7280032F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7280033F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7280034F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. P7280035

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 pm

im gonna tag on as well if you dont mind guys heres my example ,ive come to the conclution no two covers are the same Smile F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. 100_1902-1F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. 100_1901F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. 100_1904
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Excellent.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm

and here she is fitted with cover ,this has to be one of my favs now F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. 100_1907
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Great examples Jay, nice one Mate, I've seen a few covers with mainly the brown on sand ,but not the greeny/grey..cool Mate Wink
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Post by abefroman Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 am

Gulf91 wrote:

Was there a specific keyword you used to search ebay for the door trim with the rough edges? Looks great!
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 am

Gulf91 wrote:

Would you mind posting a picture of it off the helmet? Thanks!!
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Having PC/Camera problems so cannot upload any pics Im afraid but from memory just did an Ebay search for rubber car door trim-think it comes in various sizes and for the life of me cannot remember which size I got(struck lucky first time I guess)

Done a quick search now and these are just 2 examples of the 100s that come up and are Im sure similar to what I used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Door-Rubber-Edge-Seal-Trim-/170644235271?hash=item27bb306407

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STD-Black-Car-Door-Boot-EDGE-TRIM-SEAL-PVC-Rubber-Caravan-Camper-Moped-4x4-/331543781441?hash=item4d318ca041
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Having PC/Camera problems so cannot upload any pics Im afraid but from memory just did an Ebay search for rubber car door trim-think it comes in various sizes and for the life of me cannot remember which size I got(struck lucky first time I guess)

Done a quick search now and these are just 2 examples of the 100s that come up and are Im sure similar to what I used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Door-Rubber-Edge-Seal-Trim-/170644235271?hash=item27bb306407

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STD-Black-Car-Door-Boot-EDGE-TRIM-SEAL-PVC-Rubber-Caravan-Camper-Moped-4x4-/331543781441?hash=item4d318ca041

I guess I will roll the dice with the 9.5mm one. What is that book by the way?
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Will have to dig it out.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 pm

I thought that this edging looked familiar. And then I found some in my garage, enough to do one of my French helmets. I had it left over from years ago when I worked for a company that built heavy off-road equipment. The edging was used in the machine cabs. I guess saving junk pays off sometimes.

The height of the edging is 15 mm.

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Weathe10
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:31 pm

As fitted to the helmet:

F1 Helmet with Desert Storm Daguet Cover+Car Door Trim Edging. Img_6527
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Looking Good.
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by abefroman Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Will have to dig it out.

Did you ever find out what book that is?
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:50 pm

The book is:

Eric Micheletti and Yves Debay, Victory in the Gulf (London: Windrow & Greene, 1991), 130 pp.

Lots of good colour images of American, French, and British troops.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:29 pm