IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
belgium_one
Antarmike
thunderchild
Bolty717
abefroman
Wolverine
Mk1rceme
chevpol
zvez
Tommo
CollectinSteve
Gulf91
Brigade Piron
filupe
18 posters

Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing Empty Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

Post by filupe Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 am

I apologise for not knowing the proper nomenclature of these pieces but I figure everyone gets the idea ...

Bought ostensibly for a Belgian Congo loadout ...

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5586

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5587

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5593

Markings:

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5590

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5589

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5588

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5591

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing IMG_5592

I do have the ammo pouches and suspenders somewhere .. but that's for another time!

Brigade Piron
    Brigade Piron
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-06-05
    Number of posts : 70

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

Post by Brigade Piron Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:02 am

Congratulations on finding the e-tool pouch! I've tried for ages Smile do you have the spade to go with it?

You probably know, but there are 2 types of ammo pouches: the(british-style) basic pouch (both with popper or QRF fastener) and two-clip rifle ammo pouches with are more common. The spade (usually) is worn on the british-style haversack too (that is what the loop is for on the haversack).

I may be wrong (I know most about Belgian kit until the Korean War) but I would assume this is not the type used in Congo even though it is dated later than that - I'd have assumed that the US style webbing would be more the case for '60-'64 and later. I may of course be wrong Smile .

You must post a pic when you get all the kit together!
    filupe
    filupe

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

Post by filupe Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks Brigade Piron! I do have more pieces, including the Brit type pouches but all of the above were stuffed into the Gas mask bag and it was what I just happened to pull out at the time. Unfortunately I don't have the E-Tool as yet. The Congo assumption was taken off a photo or colour plate showing a para with '37 type pouches - I will try and dig it up. I know of the existence of BAR type belts for the FN LAR as well. There was quite an informative thread on this in the FAL Files Forum awhile ago ...
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Sorry if im being dumb here but which one is it??

Congratulations on finding the e-tool pouch! I've tried for ages

One looks like some sort of gasmask bag,other looks like a holster??
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Excellent bunch of kit! It's odd that more of this isn't out on the market, considering the size of the Belgian Army of the day and how easy it is to find camo uniforms. Combat boots are not surprisingly difficult to locate, but e-tool covers? Makes no sense to me Very Happy

Steve

Brigade Piron
    Brigade Piron
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Brigade Piron Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

You should be in Belgium Very Happy no shortage of combat boots (just always in horrid conditions and small sizes)...
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm sure the Holster is a copy of the WW2 Browning holster, I have a Blancoed Belgian holster somewhere, I'm going to buy another for my Post War '58 setup.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:44 am

Still dont know which one the E tool holder is Sad Laughing Laughing
    Brigade Piron
    Brigade Piron
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Brigade Piron Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:23 pm

The E-tool pouch is the one on the right in the top photo Very Happy . The idea is that the spade attaches to the haversack, pattern-wise it is rather like the Yank one.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 pm

One of these??

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing E3be7182

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing A54b2ad1

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing 9202af42
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Yup, that Belgian or an Actual Browning one?
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:42 am

Im more confused than ever now-surely that pic i have posted isnt the e tool carrier????
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 am

Gulf91, what you just showed pictures of is a holster for a Browning Automatic Pistol, which was a common sidearm of the British Army during WW2. I don't know if yours is British or Belgian as I don't know enough about the details to tell which.

The e-tool carrier is the item on the far right in the first picture. It is shown with the flap open. It is a direct copy of the US WW2 e-tool carrier. Below are pictures of the one used by war's end, the second is a depiction of the earlier one (which I think was used in WW1 as well):

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing Rad66D59e298.etool.1944

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing Backpack

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Hence my confusion earlier and my questions regarding the apparent E tool in the pics?????

Am i seeing different pics than everybody else as all i see is a gas mask type shoulder bag,canteen and carrier and the holster but NO e tool yet there are comments about the e tool carrier Shocked
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Reposting the first picture of this thread, you can see the E-tool carrier on the far right. It's the bit of canvas with the rounded flap in the open position.

The pictures you posted are of a pistol holster, probably a Browning Automatic Pistol.

To clarify what's in the first picture, from top to bottom, left to right:

Canteen with cup
    Gasmask bag
    Canteen cover
    Pistol holster (probably Browning)
    E-Tool carrier
    Belt

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:50 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Reposting the first picture of this thread, you can see the E-tool carrier on the far right. It's the bit of canvas with the rounded flap in the open position.

The pictures you posted are of a pistol holster, probably a Browning Automatic Pistol.

To clarify what's in the first picture, from top to bottom, left to right:

Canteen with cup
    Gasmask bag
    Canteen cover
    Pistol holster (probably Browning)
    E-Tool carrier
    Belt

Steve

Steve,i kind of gathered it was a holster but going by the pics i can see on my screen the holster is the last pic in the far right again hence my confusion-this is what i see on my screen---

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm

This is what i see on my screen with no way of scrolling from left to right.

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing D2905513
    Brigade Piron
    Brigade Piron
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Brigade Piron Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:12 am

Gulf91's hoster is indeed the belgian version (you can just see the remains of the earlier, square ABL stamp).

The belgian e-tool holster is not a direct copy of the US one, the methods of securing (to the rear) is totally different because of where it is meant to be worn on the British-style webbing.
    filupe
    filupe

Post by filupe Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 am

Gulf91 wrote:This is what i see on my screen with no way of scrolling from left to right.

Might possibly need to change your screen resolution?
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:54 pm

NOTE: IF the image doesn't display full screen, right click on it and select view image, that will show the entire pic

Chris

Gulf91 wrote:Hence my confusion earlier and my questions regarding the apparent E tool in the pics?????

Am i seeing different pics than everybody else as all i see is a gas mask type shoulder bag,canteen and carrier and the holster but NO e tool yet there are comments about the e tool carrier Shocked
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:56 pm

zvez wrote:NOTE: IF the image doesn't display full screen, right click on it and select view image, that will show the entire pic

Chris

Gulf91 wrote:Hence my confusion earlier and my questions regarding the apparent E tool in the pics?????

Sad Sad doesnt work for me.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Heh... now it's pretty clear where the confusion came from Smile Odd that you're not getting a scrollbar down at the bottom of your browser window. Then again, I'm not surprised by much of anything if the OS is Windows based. Sorry, 20 years of software development has me a tiny bit jaded Smile

Steve
    chevpol
    chevpol
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Mark
    Registration date : 2011-03-15
    Number of posts : 239

Post by chevpol Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 am

Gulf91 wrote:This is what i see on my screen with no way of scrolling from left to right.

Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing D2905513

you aint the only one mate, that is exactly what I get on my screen

Mark
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:49 am

At least i now know i am not losing the plot Shocked Shocked
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Sorry to drag this up again but still wouldnt mind seeing a pic of the e tool carrier please and if anyone has one,of the BAR belt as i have a strange one and need it IDng.

Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:37 pm