IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

    Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 47
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 398

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by belgium_one on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:54 am

    Hello Smile
    some recent belgian finds !

    FM Bar Mag pouch
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Hvvv

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Ypcp

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 1km0

    Backpack
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Mpdm

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 N7d2

    AB-BL   GD   1952

    Camo tent
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Qdp3

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 7aim

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Xqv5

    Green tent
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 4y0r

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Nqeq

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 K2hl

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 4eai

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 A14g

    Camo/green model comparison
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 8i5i

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 4j8m

    British style ABL pants
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 U6oh
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

    Name : Andrew
    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1178

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Wolverine on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

    Nice stuff - possibly the green tent sheet is BW?
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 47
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 398

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by belgium_one on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:46 pm

    Hello

    german or not...??? Embarassed

    Salutations
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Name : Mike Fincher
    Age : 66
    Location : Lincolnshire United Kingdom
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 350

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Antarmike on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 am

    belgium_one wrote:Hello Smile
    some recent belgian finds !

    FM Bar Mag pouch
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Hvvv

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Ypcp

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 1km0


    Is the belt not wrongly assembed?  On example I have the centre rear joining strap is the other way up so that the wire hanger holes are at the bottom of the joining piece, not at the top.

    Nice peice though.

    (I view this belt as being a Heavy Barreled (FALO) FN FAL belt rather than a BAR belt.  AFAIK ABL were not using BAR at this time.  They did have some FN Model D at this time (which some view as a BAR derivative, other say it is a different weapon entirely) but I have only ever seen this belt photographed by a trooper clearly carrying  an FN FALO heavy barreled FAL. )

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Scan0001-6
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

    Name : Andrew
    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1178

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Wolverine on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 am

    belgium_one wrote:Hello

    german or not...??? Embarassed

    Salutations

    Yes, for the Bundeswehr.
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 47
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 398

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by belgium_one on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 am

    Hello Smile
    you're right Antarmike , I made the change OK

    and now it's OK

    Salutations
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

    Name : Andrew
    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1178

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Wolverine on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am

    I think the eyelets on the centre section are an unconscious holdover from the original US BAR belts, where they were oriented at the top to accept the rear snap hook from the M1910 haversack. I don't think they really serve much purpose on the Belgian belts either way.
    ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 16
    Location : Belgium
    Registration date : 2020-01-26
    Number of posts : 48

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by ABLcollector50s60s on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:47 am

    I think I found the way to wear a small pack with a BAR/FAL/FALO- belt.
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2059
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2057
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2058
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

    Name : Andrew
    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1178

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Wolverine on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:26 pm

    Sure, it seems to work.
    avatar
    CRogers

    Name : Chad
    Age : 42
    Location : East Tennessee
    Registration date : 2014-03-03
    Number of posts : 4

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by CRogers on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:48 pm

    ABLcollector50s60s wrote:I think I found the way to wear a small pack with a BAR/FAL/FALO- belt.
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2059
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2057
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2058

    How would the water bottle/canteen carrier have been attached to this?
    ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 16
    Location : Belgium
    Registration date : 2020-01-26
    Number of posts : 48

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by ABLcollector50s60s on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm

    CRogers wrote:
    ABLcollector50s60s wrote:I think I found the way to wear a small pack with a BAR/FAL/FALO- belt.
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2059
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2057
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2058

    How would the water bottle/canteen carrier have been attached to this?

    I don't think there's really a way to carry the water bottle with the BAR belt. I think it was just put in the small pack. Actually, I've never seen a picture of the belt being worn that way, but it looks like it was meant to be.
    avatar
    CRogers

    Name : Chad
    Age : 42
    Location : East Tennessee
    Registration date : 2014-03-03
    Number of posts : 4

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by CRogers on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:14 pm

    ABLcollector50s60s wrote:
    CRogers wrote:
    ABLcollector50s60s wrote:I think I found the way to wear a small pack with a BAR/FAL/FALO- belt.
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2059
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2057
    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Img_2058

    How would the water bottle/canteen carrier have been attached to this?

    I don't think there's really a way to carry the water bottle with the BAR belt. I think it was just put in the small pack. Actually, I've never seen a picture of the belt being worn that way, but it looks like it was meant to be.

    Thank ya. I’m not knowledgeable about Belgian stuff. Bought a belt out of curiosity then decided to get the rest of the kit so I’m learning.
    ABLcollector50s60s
    ABLcollector50s60s
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 16
    Location : Belgium
    Registration date : 2020-01-26
    Number of posts : 48

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by ABLcollector50s60s on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:20 pm

    I'm still learning, too. It's a very interesting kit.
    avatar
    CRogers

    Name : Chad
    Age : 42
    Location : East Tennessee
    Registration date : 2014-03-03
    Number of posts : 4

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by CRogers on Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

    ABLcollector50s60s wrote:I'm still learning, too. It's a very interesting kit.

    That it is. Ironically now that I’m interested in it I don’t see it that often after having passed over it for decades.

    Sponsored content

    Belgian copy of  Brit '37 Pattern webbing - Page 6 Empty Re: Belgian copy of Brit '37 Pattern webbing

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:19 am