IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
AndyD
Konrad96
loski
Easy Gee
John Brown
Gulf91
lammasulyon
Duncan McLain
12 posters

Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU)

Duncan McLain
    Duncan McLain
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-13
    Number of posts : 201

Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) Empty Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU)

Post by Duncan McLain Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 am

Cheers Mates. Today latest british PCS Smock to view:

general view
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100612

left sleeve pocket with a panel which covers velcro (right sleeve pocket is the same)
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100613

pocket after removing the panel
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100614

Opened pocket. There can be seen the straps designed to fasten various little stuff.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100615

Left chest pocket. There can be seen a small pocket for a lighter or compas, based on similar designs from smocks produced by Arktis and customized by soldiers. There is a slot for fastening the compas string.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100616

Zoomed tab which covers the button. There's no problem with opening and closing the pocket. Every concerns vanish after first try. Very efficient design inspired by the barracks-made tabs improvised by soldiers out of sniper's tape.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100617

Opened pocket. It can be seen how big is the space covered by the button tab. Notice the inner straps.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100618

The lower pocket also has a tab protecting the button. But that's not all.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100620

Underneath the lower pocket there's another one (accessible from the outer side of the main pocket). The secret pocket is made of fleece. Ideal for warming frozen hands on cold days.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100621

Double faced armpit zips.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100622

The Tag.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100623

Inside of the vertical pockets. There's a mesh on the inside.
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100624

The inside of the smock. The upper part has a mesh layer. The 'secret' fleece pockets easely seen. The rest without changes
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100625

The small tag on the inner side of the smoch, sewn to the hem on the left
    Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) P1100626
    lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) Empty Re: Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU)

Post by lammasulyon Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 am

very nice indeed sir! where'd you get it

i sure do hope its not for airsoft....
    Duncan McLain
    Duncan McLain
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-13
    Number of posts : 201

Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU) Empty Re: Smock combat windproof MTP (PCS CU)

Post by Duncan McLain Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 am

Hello Bro.

I buy it from eBay.co.uk for a nice price. Very Happy

I'm collector, commander and member of reenacting group (42RMC L-Coy)and sometimes I play in MilSim games, but to the MilsSim I used different stuff Smile
    I'm not classic airsoft madness shooter Razz

lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Post by lammasulyon Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 am

thanks for the info mate! that nice price- one i hope to repeat

btw, sure do hope when youre wearing this set you'll be a chef or a musician in your reenacting...Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Very nice but still surprises me how there is so much of this already on the surplus market and also of course the legality of buying/selling it.
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Post by John Brown Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Very nice but still surprises me how there is so much of this already on the surplus market and also of course the legality of buying/selling it.
    We don't know much about any of it.

What if it's a "factory second" (not passed the gov't inspector, but fully functional)?
    What if it's a "production overrun" (made on third shift, for sale to the public by the manufacturer)?
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm

John Brown wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:Very nice but still surprises me how there is so much of this already on the surplus market and also of course the legality of buying/selling it.
    We don't know much about any of it.

What if it's a "factory second" (not passed the gov't inspector, but fully functional)?
    What if it's a "production overrun" (made on third shift, for sale to the public by the manufacturer)?

MTP at the moment is a very very grey area of which nobody can give a 100% answer im afraid.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 am

Super-cool Duncan..it's going to be a loooong time before these are a common feature on the surplus market..so congrats on getting this one Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:56 am

Very good point Rich, fortunetly I have the reciepts for all of my MTP collection pieces...but I'm still not 100% sure where I stand legally silent
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Re the legality of MTP I heard that a local lad was arrested by the civilan Police a couple of weeks back for wearing an MTP smock at this time that is all I know
    Konrad96

Registration date : 2012-01-07
    Number of posts : 4

Post by Konrad96 Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:29 pm

I see "registered design" is spelled wrong on the label... I do despair sometimes...
    AndyD
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-01-03
    Number of posts : 76

Post by AndyD Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Konrad96 wrote:I see "registered design" is spelled wrong on the label... I do despair sometimes...
    I noticed that too.

I'm also wondering what 'camoutlage' is!

Regards,
    Andy
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Can't be legit then if the police ask Very Happy

Have you found where the MT is on your smock?
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-08-15
    Number of posts : 322

Post by Raptor Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:15 pm

MTP is illegal to sell as the MoD payed Crye Precision alot of money for the licence to use their pattern with a UK twist.But like everything to do with the Military nothing is ever "sold" or "robbed".It is "relocated" or "acquired".
    And never from your mates.
    So i've heard. Wink
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 am

'Acquired by stealth' is the term that I'm familiar with ... or 'requisitioned for emergency purposes ..'

Given the above attitude towards MTP .. I found it strange at the time that Desert DPM uniforms incl. Osprey vests and webbing were freely available on EBay UK even while they were still being issued and utilised by Brit forces in Afghanistan.

Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 am

MTP is gonna be like CADPAT is for Canada.......... Endless threads.... laws, controversy, and much much much more headaches, but a great thing to collect Very Happy
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:26 am

Does anybody have a 110% answer as to if MTP and for that matter MK7 helmets are legal to be sold,own,buy etc as on various other forums there are very heated debates with 99.9% saying illegal and the Militry Police have a unit scouring the internet monitoring sales and that both sellers and buyers will be prosecuted as NO items should be available to the general public.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Does anybody have a 110% answer as to if MTP and for that matter MK7 helmets are legal to be sold,own,buy etc as on various other forums there are very heated debates with 99.9% saying illegal and the Militry Police have a unit scouring the internet monitoring sales and that both sellers and buyers will be prosecuted as NO items should be available to the general public.

Very salient point Rich, it would be very useful to know where us collectors stand legally ,in terms of ownership of this kit. I know of only one surplus store in my city that sells MTP openly,perhaps the seller is breaking the law,and so am I hypothetically if I purchase any thing from this store, not that I have of course silent
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:Does anybody have a 110% answer as to if MTP and for that matter MK7 helmets are legal to be sold,own,buy etc as on various other forums there are very heated debates with 99.9% saying illegal and the Militry Police have a unit scouring the internet monitoring sales and that both sellers and buyers will be prosecuted as NO items should be available to the general public.

Very salient point Rich, it would be very useful to know where us collectors stand legally ,in terms of ownership of this kit. I know of only one surplus store in my city that sells MTP openly,perhaps the seller is breaking the law,and so am I hypothetically if I purchase any thing from this store, not that I have of course silent

Yep Gary,i am sick to the back teeth of hearsay,rumors,speculation etc and would like to know the truth regarding these as ok,if they do turn out to be illegal and people get prosecuted or even arrested how do you stand regarding your defence-Sorry Officer i bought it from XXXX Army Surplus or from Ebay??????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 am