IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Multicam Ghillie Suit

tenewel
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-07-26
    Number of posts : 132

Multicam Ghillie Suit Empty Multicam Ghillie Suit

Post by tenewel Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:11 pm

This is a purpose made Ghille suit kit. These are, to the best of my knowledge, current issue at the US Army Sniper School. I haven't built this one yet as I bought it for more of an investment or future project. And, unfortunately, there isn't any history behind this specifice suit/kit.

The back of the jacket is net so as to allow a bit of air in with the additional layering of the jutte. The arms have two pockets on each, one at the wrist and one at the shoulder. Thumb loop is already present.

Both top and bottom have reinforced belly/ground points and mount points ready for jutte/burlap to be tied in place.

This also came with a Multicam boonie with mesh top that I forgot to photograph.

There will be purists out there that will say the only true Ghillie Suit is the one totally made by hand. My two cents on this...save the time and effort with a production made, already reinforced, ready to completely change based on geography.

One of the benefits that I feel is important about this suit is that the belly is camouflaged. Many will say that the belly doesn't need to be camo as you will be in a firing position on your belly, in the prone. Not always so and what about during stalks where you are in the upright position to cover ground? Would you rather have camo showing to break up the outline or a solid OD green or khaki mass that will stand out and not blend in?

I've got to do some research on the maker of this kit. There are not any tags that I found on this.

Multicam Ghillie Suit Mcgs1

Multicam Ghillie Suit Mcgs3

Multicam Ghillie Suit Mcgs2

Multicam Ghillie Suit Mcgs4

Multicam Ghillie Suit Mcgs6
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Multicam Ghillie Suit Empty Re: Multicam Ghillie Suit

Post by nkomo Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 pm

tenewel wrote:

There will be purists out there that will say the only true Ghillie Suit is the one totally made by hand. My two cents on this...save the time and effort with a production made, already reinforced, ready to completely change based on geography.
    You know....I have a ghillie suit from a 5th SFG member and part of the suit is commercially made. I posted it on another forum and this guy told me it couldn't be real as it wasn't hand made. Rolling Eyes Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and most all of them stink.

That being said, I have a soft spot for ghillie suits and am quite interested to see how your research pans out on the item. More importantly, I am interested to see how it comes out.

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-07-26
    Number of posts : 132

Post by tenewel Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Like I said, the purists out there hate these. But instead of spending days on end putting one of these together (and that's not including trial and error with the first one you do) these are worth it. I'd rather spend my time behind the trigger or practicing stalking and tracking skills. Much better time spent training and honing skills rather than behind the sewing needle.

I feel the same as far as the soft spot for Ghillies. And don't get me wrong, those that can make these have turned it into an art form. And I love the individual creativity and craftiness that goes into each one. But there are better things to put time into when building these.

As for being able to experiment, that'll either be way in the future or left to someone much younger than myself. Although I still consider myself young, I cannot keep up with those young Infantrymen and Scouts anymore. I'd love to be able to get out there and play with stuff like this again. Oh, why couldn't they have had all this neato, fun, chicks-dig-it gear when I needed it.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

tenewel wrote:Like I said, the purists out there hate these. But instead of spending days on end putting one of these together (and that's not including trial and error with the first one you do) these are worth it. I'd rather spend my time behind the trigger or practicing stalking and tracking skills. Much better time spent training and honing skills rather than behind the sewing needle.

Work smarter, not harder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am