IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
saltefanden
CollectinSteve
Tyler Flint
7 posters

Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms.

Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms. Empty Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms.

Post by Tyler Flint Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi, Im currently working on the East German part of my collection. I however cannot find a DDR Rain Pattern camoflauge uniform in size large Evil or Very Mad . If anyone knows where I can find one for a decent price or has one theyd like to part with it would be much appreciated

Thank Smile
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms. Empty Re: Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms.

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:53 am

What do you consider "size large" and which type of uniform are you looking for (roughly speaking there are 3 summer types)? I see sizes like 54 from time to time, but larger than that is definitely difficult to find. I had one in the 60s one time and I sold it for comparatively a lot of money.

Steve
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms. Empty Re: Help on finding Rain Pattern uniforms.

Post by saltefanden Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:23 am

I'm affraid I am with Tyler on this one!

I've been trying for years to get my clutches on Stricktarn pieces, from winter coats to combat or garrison uniforms, in larger sizes.

I'm after a German/European size 54 or 56, but has only ever seen size 48's both in shops, online and at militaria shows.
    Enough Blumentarn pieces are in +50 sizes, so why the rain pattern is so much rare is beyond me.

Maybe all NVA soldiers from the 1970's onwards were simply hobbits from the Eastern Blocs failed food and health programs?
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Hahaha Hobbits..... Possability. In terms of large sizes I can get a 44 on (But It is alittle tight) And I am guessing whichever rain pattern is cheapest. I am trying to put togeather an east german impression and I have a helmet canteen one shelter half a map case and a DDR Flag (Authentic unisued flag Smile) Amd I have a jacket in size 44 I need something slightly larger.
    APreston
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-11-01
    Number of posts : 96

Post by APreston Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Varusteleka keeps a pretty constant supply of size 48 strichtarn everything, if you can stomach paying EUR28.50 for shipping on an EUR15.00 set.
    parafal
    parafal
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Ed.
    Registration date : 2011-09-19
    Number of posts : 164

Post by parafal Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 am

I run into NVA camo all the time , will keep an eye out for larger sizes for you guys.

Ed.
    APreston
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-11-01
    Number of posts : 96

Post by APreston Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:44 am

parafal wrote:I run into NVA camo all the time , will keep an eye out for larger sizes for you guys.

Ed.
    If you run into any 52K or M drop me a line. I've got some possibilities but I'm trying to shop around and see who'll give me the best offer.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Folks need to be clearer about sizes. 44" US = 56cm Euro. That's definitely a Large to X-Large. 48cm, on the other hand, is a solid Medium. Which means if Tyler is looking for a "Large" size, with a 44" chest, he's going to need a DDR size 56. Not that easy to find, but certainly not impossible. But if he is looking for a 44cm, that's in the small territory and should be easy to find. Since Tyler requested Large, and said he couldn't find one, I'm suspecting he needs a 44" chest (DDR 56).

Also, folks should keep in mind their arm and leg lengths. There's a big difference between a 56 SG and a 56 SK Very Happy

Steve
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:42 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Also, folks should keep in mind their arm and leg lengths. There's a big difference between a 56 SG and a 56 SK Very Happy

Steve

You ain't just whisstlin Horst Wessel there Steve!! I've got a jacket around here in rain pattern somewhere that was cut for a T-rex!! Chest is about a US 46 or 48, sleeves come up about halfway between my wrist and elbow(more towards the elbow). I'll look into the shop out here. Not sure what all he has size-wise, but I'll see. He had a couple I was after last time I was out there, but didn't have the cashe before Xmas, so I'll be heading out this weekend anyways.

Fins...

Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Post by Albano Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Finally got hands on a summer strichtarn FDA! A wonderfull super mint set in ÜG52!! And theres bigger!!

And a size 57 grey schiffen to complete the set. Bought one, they throw in 9 more so if anyone interested just say. Set also came with grey webbing (yoke and belt) and strichtarn rucksack, so i have spare to trade now Cool

All this for 49.39eur shipping included Twisted Evil

Here's the shop if you guys need it

http://www.armeeverkauf.de/nva_kampfanzuege-c-55_59.html

Best regards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am