IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Can anyone ID this chest rig? It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker

TPayneNFA

Registration date : 2011-12-27
    Number of posts : 1

Can anyone ID this chest rig?  It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker Empty Can anyone ID this chest rig? It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker

Post by TPayneNFA Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:40 am

Can anyone ID this rig? It is the same one / kind that was worn by Ralph Fiennes and Barrie Rice in The Hurt Locker. It looks a lot like the old BHI M4 chest rig, but isn't.

Here's a pic from the movie "Route Irish". The actor on the right is wearing the rig in question.

Can anyone ID this chest rig?  It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker Route-irish

Thanks.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Can anyone ID this chest rig?  It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker Empty Re: Can anyone ID this chest rig? It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker

Post by panzerwerk Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 am

Speaking as someone who works in the movie biz , it could be a purchased item , it could also have been made for the movie , I have a Tactical tailor rig very similar , it could be totally custom , I do know this , from my experience in the movie biz , its probably a Chinese airsoft knock off they bought to save money , $25 compared to $100 for the real deal , but this is all just my speculation.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Can anyone ID this chest rig?  It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker Empty Re: Can anyone ID this chest rig? It's the same as used by PMCs in The Hurt Locker

Post by panzerwerk Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 am

Looks like a knock off version of this Blackhawk rig :

Click HERE
    AK101
    AK101
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-07-04
    Number of posts : 200

Post by AK101 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 am

Not sure on that one, but there was a lot of OSOE gear in Hurt Locker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:44 pm