IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party

cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-23
    Number of posts : 189

Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party Empty Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party

Post by cobalt545 Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 am

I made a very interesting trade recently with a member of the Royal Canadian Navy. He is a boarding party member on active deployment. He sent me one of their issued Blackhawk Advanced Boonie Hats.
    Photobucket
    I thought this was kinda odd since there is an issued Arid CADPAT boonie in the system. It made no sense to me why they would buy another type of hat off the shelf when there is already a good one available. But then again, why would I care? It gives me another cool item to collect.

The hat is in a desert digital camo pattern that is similar to US Navy AOR2. It is a well designed item with mesh side panels for ventilation and a double row of scrim bands. There is a drawstring in the brim that is secured with a plastic toggle for a firm, positive fit. Two velcro panels are sewn to the top and rear of the hat for attaching IR and IFF markers. The hat is made with a short brim which I find to be ideal for windy days when you don't want the brim to cover your eyes.
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party Empty Re: Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party

Post by cobalt545 Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:01 am

Here's a couple of photos of the Blackhawk hat in use by the RCN.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party Empty Re: Blackhawk Boonie Hat Used By Canadian Navy Boarding Party

Post by John Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 am

cobalt545 wrote:
    I thought this was kinda odd since there is an issued Arid CADPAT boonie in the system. It made no sense to me why they would buy another type of hat off the shelf when there is already a good one available. But then again, why would I care? It gives me another cool item to collect.
    Might not be so strange if you ask yourself "Is the Canadian Navy authorized to issue CADPAT?"
    cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by cobalt545 Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm

John Brown wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:
    Might not be so strange if you ask yourself "Is the Canadian Navy authorized to issue CADPAT?"

I would assume so since there are photos of them wearing the Arid boonie while on deployment.
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Post by John Brown Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

cobalt545 wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:

I would assume so since there are photos of them wearing the Arid boonie while on deployment.
    Okay, to sharpen the question, "Are sailors on boat duty authorized the wear of CADPAT?"

Obviously, there is a lack of CADPAT availability among some groups of RCN sailors if they're buying third party stuff at the unit level.
    cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by cobalt545 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm

John Brown wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:
    John Brown wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:

Okay, to sharpen the question, "Are sailors on boat duty authorized the wear of CADPAT?"

Obviously, there is a lack of CADPAT availability among some groups of RCN sailors if they're buying third party stuff at the unit level.

I'm not sure if there is a lack of Arid hats to go around or if they just bought these along with all the other Blackhawk items they use (SIG holsters, knee and elbow pads, etc) specifically for the boarding party sailors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am