IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Tommo
kammo-man
Bury_Dave
sobota
Ollie W
9 posters

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted)

Ollie W

Registration date : 2012-03-22
    Number of posts : 9

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) Empty SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted)

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 am

Hello there all,

I am new to the forum and after posting a brief hello in intros I thought I'd get right down to it and ask all of you kind folk for some assistance in a desperate search of mine.

Basically, I am after some very particular pouches that seem to fall, most commonly, under the description of SAS 58 pattern drop pouches. These were the 58 style pouches that were attached to the webbing belt using drop loops. The pouches I am in need of are the SAS drop aramlite pouch and the SAS drop escape/kideny pouch. I believe they were in use in the 70's and 80's. I am now painfully aware of the rarity of these items so I know this may be a bit of a long shot, but I guess it's worth a go.

If anybody has these pouches and is willing to part with them I have lots of brand new PLCE and ALICE LC2 up for trade or, dare I say it, name your price.

Any help or info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Ollie.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) Empty Re: SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted)

Post by sobota Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am

I have a few bits of 58 kit knocking about, however i know nothing about it as im on the modern side, do you have any images of these drop pouches so i can see if i have any?
    Ollie W

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) Empty Re: SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted)

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you very much sobota good sir. Sorry, how do I post a picture in this reply? Can't seem to figure it out. Sorry, I'm new to all this

Thanks very much again,

Ollie.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:14 am

Oh yes sorry, completely forgot, if you've been registered for less than 7 days you won't be able to post images just yet
    Ollie W

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 am

Bugger. Oh well, I guess now I just play the waiting game until my account goes over the 7 days. To be continued lol.

Thank you very much again for your help mate.

Cheers,

Ollie.
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 am

I have a brand new set as well as a brand new altimeter pouch if you're interested ? I have the ration pouch too but that is well used and a couple of the very rare clasp kinfe pouches but i think i'll keep them for now. Wink

Oh, I also have several sets of the '44 patt waterbottles and pouches ........

I'll post photos tonight.

Dave
    Ollie W

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you very much Dave. I am indeed very interested in all of the above. I look forward to seeing the pictures later. What would you want for the armalite and altimeter pouches? As said, I have numerous items up for trade or I will pay dosh for them. I would also still be up for the used ration pouch if it's up for grabs. Please let me know good sir.

Many thanks again for replying,

Ollie.
    Ollie W

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

Sorry, forgot to say I would also be very interested in the 44' pat waterbottle pouches as well.

Thanks again,

Ollie.
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by Bury_Dave Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:23 am

I also have an MoD survival knife ..... a common addition to any belt kit Smile

Also some new cross over belt DPM windproof trousers ....... ? Smile

What does the 'desperately' mean ? A time deadline ?

Dave
    Ollie W

Post by Ollie W Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 am

Ahh thank you sir but I already have a decent knife and windproof kit. I have a camping trip in 3 weeks time and it would be ideal if I could get the pouches by then. However, if I don't have them by then it's no biggy. What would you want for them good sir?

Cheers,

Ollie.
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 pm

If anyone needs 44 waterbottle pouches ask me .

I have 60 mint unissued ones .

owen
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by Bury_Dave Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Owen, is that British and stamped or Danish ones ?

Dave
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

How much Owen? and how much for the Survival knife? is that the RAF/SAS one?
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:13 pm

$25
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Ollie W wrote:Bugger. Oh well, I guess now I just play the waiting game until my account goes over the 7 days. To be continued lol.

Thank you very much again for your help mate.

Cheers,

Ollie.

No worries chap
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 pm

There is an SAS Drop Pouch eBay...but its mine, I'm having it Twisted Evil lol
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:26 pm

kammo-man wrote:If anyone needs 44 waterbottle pouches ask me .

I have 60 mint unissued ones .

owen

Unissued British stamped ones or those nasty £5 mushy pea colour Ebay ones?
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 am

REAL 44 dated ones lads .

BRITISH made .

L1A1
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-04-05
    Number of posts : 52

Post by L1A1 Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 am

Ollie W wrote:Hello there all,

I am new to the forum and after posting a brief hello in intros I thought I'd get right down to it and ask all of you kind folk for some assistance in a desperate search of mine.

Basically, I am after some very particular pouches that seem to fall, most commonly, under the description of SAS 58 pattern drop pouches. These were the 58 style pouches that were attached to the webbing belt using drop loops. The pouches I am in need of are the SAS drop aramlite pouch and the SAS drop escape/kideny pouch. I believe they were in use in the 70's and 80's. I am now painfully aware of the rarity of these items so I know this may be a bit of a long shot, but I guess it's worth a go.

If anybody has these pouches and is willing to part with them I have lots of brand new PLCE and ALICE LC2 up for trade or, dare I say it, name your price.

Any help or info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Ollie.

Way back in 1990 I was in the TA - we preferred drop pouches as it meant one could wear a bigger bergan.

At that time we bought ours NEW from Silvermans - not sure if they still do them but might be woirth a look.
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:15 am

Silvermans be prepared to pay an arm and a leg
    Rich83
    Rich83
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Rich
    Registration date : 2012-03-24
    Number of posts : 144

Post by Rich83 Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:28 am

What's an MOD survival knife look like? Can't seem to find any pics and am now intrigued...
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Rich83 wrote:What's an MOD survival knife look like? Can't seem to find any pics and am now intrigued...
    SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) Sheffield-71685-rw-26383-7419
    MOD Survival Knife
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post by Bury_Dave Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Rich83 wrote:What's an MOD survival knife look like? Can't seem to find any pics and am now intrigued...

Here's mine .......

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5655

As for the drop pouches, Ollie got mine in the end.

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5660-1

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5661-1

Dave
    L1A1
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-04-05
    Number of posts : 52

Post by L1A1 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Bury_Dave wrote:

Here's mine .......

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5655

As for the drop pouches, Ollie got mine in the end.

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5660-1

SAS 58 pattern 'drop pouches' (desperately wanted) IMG_5661-1

Dave

Is that swedish pattern camo in the background ?
    Rich83
    Rich83
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Rich
    Registration date : 2012-03-24
    Number of posts : 144

Post by Rich83 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

That is a nice knife! Is that current issue?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:29 pm