IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

South Korean Uniforms

Polkas
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-05-02
    Number of posts : 19

South Korean Uniforms Empty South Korean Uniforms

Post by Polkas Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Found these at a thrift shop... Have no idea what years they were used though.I also have a badged one that looks very similar to the US Woodland pattern but I can't find the pic.

Marines...
    South Korean Uniforms 006-26

South Korean Uniforms 009-15

South Korean Uniforms 007-22
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

South Korean Uniforms Empty Re: South Korean Uniforms

Post by sh4pak Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 am

Paydirt, dude. I mean, it *could* be commercial, but that don't really matter. Last thread I read-- one of Gilles', added onto by Steve-- said that button-closures indicated GI gear, versus velcro for commercial.

The one at the top is ROK Marines, definitely. The others appear to be variations on "noodle" camo, more or less.

The thing about the ROK is that they're highly militarized. Each school in Korea pretty-much has its own camo, and the Army & Marines change their stuff with such frequency that it is difficult to pin down a lot of things. I too have some of the woodland-looking stuff. Has a tag on the inside, lower-left in Hangul, with a star motif, and metric measurements?

Couldn't care less what it is worth. All I know is that I really like it.

Then again, my wife is 1/2 Korean, and so I am biased.

The camo you got there is neat. I wish some would come my way. All in all, I'd say you scored.

Gilles & Steve could give you more hard data. They seem to know this stuff, really well.

Best to you,

--Dan
    Polkas
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-05-02
    Number of posts : 19

Post by Polkas Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 am

sh4pak wrote:Paydirt, dude. I mean, it *could* be commercial, but that don't really matter. Last thread I read-- one of Gilles', added onto by Steve-- said that button-closures indicated GI gear, versus velcro for commercial.

The one at the top is ROK Marines, definitely. The others appear to be variations on "noodle" camo, more or less.

The thing about the ROK is that they're highly militarized. Each school in Korea pretty-much has its own camo, and the Army & Marines change their stuff with such frequency that it is difficult to pin down a lot of things. I too have some of the woodland-looking stuff. Has a tag on the inside, lower-left in Hangul, with a star motif, and metric measurements?

Couldn't care less what it is worth. All I know is that I really like it.

Then again, my wife is 1/2 Korean, and so I am biased.

The camo you got there is neat. I wish some would come my way. All in all, I'd say you scored.

Gilles & Steve could give you more hard data. They seem to know this stuff, really well.

Best to you,

--Dan

Thanks! I've been wondering about these uniforms... None of them have any velcro and the first two seem to made from HBT fabric.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:05 pm