IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Empty RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock.

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi Guys.

I have this RM pattern windproof Smock.The wire has been removed from the hood, and the Rankslide flap has been removed from the rear, and sadly some patches have been ruthlessly removed from the smock, other than that a nice example.I would value your input on what era this one is from.
    RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06510RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06511RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06512RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06513RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06514RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Dsc06515
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Empty Re: RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock.

Post by Bury_Dave Sat May 26, 2012 2:14 pm

I'd say mid to late 80's mucker. Nice Very Happy
    Eddie Parks
    Eddie Parks
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-05-14
    Number of posts : 37

RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock. Empty Re: RM not SAS pattern windproof Smock.

Post by Eddie Parks Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Nice example - never did like the wire thing in the hood. And anyway hoods are a death trap - they stop you hearing things.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Bury_Dave wrote:I'd say mid to late 80's mucker. Nice Very Happy

Eddie Parks wrote:Nice example - never did like the wire thing in the hood. And anyway hoods are a death trap - they stop you hearing things.

Thanks Dave, that was my thinking too, but it's nice to have a second opinion never the less, cheers mate Wink

Thanks for looking Eddie, totally agree, stupid things never seem to fold right either.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sun May 27, 2012 5:28 am

Late 80s,early 90s.

Is the label still present Gary?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 am

Gulf91 wrote:Late 80s,early 90s.

Is the label still present Gary?

Thanks for your opinion Rich, no unfortunately the label is long gone!!!

And for my next question, how much would someone be willing to pay for such a thing Question
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 am

Personally i would only pay around £10 as the Arctic smocks arent as desireable as the SAS ones but the Ebay guide price i guess would be £15-£20.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun May 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Personally i would only pay around £10 as the Arctic smocks arent as desireable as the SAS ones but the Ebay guide price i guess would be £15-£20.

Lovely cheers Rich, I paid £15 from a surplus shop, it's good to get a feel of what other collectors are willing to pay right now Wink
    Longshaor
    Longshaor
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-02
    Number of posts : 34

Post by Longshaor Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 am

Gary,

Is the zipper on yours plastic or metal? Kind of hard to tell from the photo.

Cheers
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 am

Longshaor wrote:Gary,

Cheers

Puller/Slider looks metal with the teeth being plastic.
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 am

Rear rank slides were usually removed as they mullered your back when tabbing with a bergan on. Especially with the PLCE bergans. In theory the framed ones MIGHT miss it but in reality, if it can rub, it will !

wire tended to eventually protrude from one end of the hood sleeve or other and could take your feckin eye out if your weren't careful !! Also made it harder to roll the hood down and out of the way.

£15 was a fair price i think.

Dave
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Cheers

Gulf91 wrote:

Cheers

Puller/Slider looks metal with the teeth being plastic.

Yep indeed the zipper puller is metal but the teeth are plastic, thanks for looking Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Bury_Dave wrote:Rear rank slides were usually removed as they mullered your back when tabbing with a bergan on. Especially with the PLCE bergans. In theory the framed ones MIGHT miss it but in reality, if it can rub, it will !

wire tended to eventually protrude from one end of the hood sleeve or other and could take your feckin eye out if your weren't careful !! Also made it harder to roll the hood down and out of the way.

£15 was a fair price i think.

Dave

Thanks again for you input Dave, I have often considered the logic in having a rank slide on the rear of a Jacket, pointless if your trying to demonstrate your rank,if your wearing a bergan/webbing ???

And totally agree with the dangers and again pointlessness of a wired hoods Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:35 pm