IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Easy Gee
filupe
Camo_fiend
Philip
saltefanden
9 posters

Genuine NWUIII?

alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-06-06
    Number of posts : 119

Genuine NWUIII? - Page 2 Empty Re: Genuine NWUIII?

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:07 am

Say what you want.........

I was saying the pattern is the same and you are calling the price becasue different people issued with it.

What i am laughing hard is your comment, IN THE FUTURE......... Twisted Evil

In the future, either everything is dirt cheap (refering to a set of BDU camo) or everything is freackin expensive (An authentic Civil War uniform) That kinda depend on how long you are holding it to. If you read carefully in all my post i say "CURRENTLY" alot and most of them higlight with bold character. I don't care in the future if the uniform only worth 50 buck, but if you sell them today. They worth 4-500. No one in the right mind can predict how the price level "IN THE FUTURE" would be like. You don't know, i don't know. And if you can find a NWU III uniform set on e-bay selling for less than $400 or whatever price i quoted here NOW i will pay you for it and you can keep it.

You trade with the price NOW not in the future. I want to buy stuff now and pay "in the future" price........Really, i want that to happen, alot...

All in all, you still have no establish that NWU II and NWU III were NOT using AOR1/AOR2 pattern, while i quoted 2 website both saying they are the same pattern, well,i only hear noise, not much action

Last edited by alphaproduction on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 am

also. those 3 are tactically need for a woodland.

Navy facilities command?

If you are maintaining a naval base on shore and you got attack by enemy, would you rather wear
    A - NWU I Which look like an ocean on land? or
    B- A Woodland camo?

Submarine development? (COMMANDER SUBMARINE DEVELOPMENT SQUADRON 5 (SATURATION PROJECTS)Wink

They are experimental Diving Squadron in support of NSW, need i say more?

Aviation commands?

Again, if you are an naval aviator and station in NAS (Insert name here) oversea and you got attacked, would you rather wear
    A - NWU I that look like an ocean?
    B - NWU III WoODLAND CAMO?

Roger -over-out
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Post by John Brown Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:19 am

alphaproduction wrote:Say what you want.........

I was saying the pattern is the same and you are calling the price becasue different people issued with it.

What i am laughing hard is your comment, IN THE FUTURE......... Twisted Evil

In the future, either everything is dirt cheap (refering to a set of BDU camo) or everything is freackin expensive (An authentic Civil War uniform) That kinda depend on how long you are holding it to. If you read carefully in all my post i say "CURRENTLY" alot and most of them higlight with blod character. I don't care in the future if the uniform only worth 50 buck, but if yo usell them today. They worth 500. No one in the right mind can predict how the price level "IN THE FUTURE" would be like. You don't know, i don't know. And if you can find a NWU III uniform set on e-bay sell for less than $400 or whatever price i quoted here NOW i will pay you for it and you can keep it.

You trade with the price NOW not in the future. I want to buy stuff now and pay "in the future" price........Really, i want that to happen, alot...

All in all, you still have no establish that NWU II and NWU III were NOT using AOR1/AOR2 pattern, while i quoted 2 website both saying they are the same pattern, well,i only hear noise, not much action
    Well, I know I said I was out, but you've dragged me back. . .

It helps to understand that we're talking about "uniforms" here, not patterns.

A camouflage pattern doesn't make a uniform, and referring to a uniform by it's pattern (or vise-versa) leads to confusion (as in the oft-stated "ACU camo" to mean UCP [ACU is the uniform cut, UCP or OCP is the pattern).

An AORx "uniform" has a higher value now, and will continue to hold a higher value. Not many were made, and quite a few were worn by "operators".
    A Type III NWU has a high value now, partially because of ignorant folks thinking they're AOR2 "uniforms", coupled with the fact that they're currently at the beginning of their fielding. As the Navy continues to issue them to land-based sailors, their value will drop considerably.

A pattern does not a uniform make.
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:29 am

The problem is, now the navy have it's own version of AOR2 patterned uniform (Is itgood enough for you) but people won't call it AOR2 uniform even knowing the fact that AOR project is initiated by the Navy themselve.

I agree with you a pattern DOES NOT MAKE an uniform, but what i am saying is AOR should not be referring to as a Uniform. AOR is a pattern developed in the 2008 after the adoption of NWU I. And the designation of NWU is always different than the NWU II and III One is general service uniform and the other is Tactical uniform. I am not saying NWUIII are OFFICIALLY called AOR2. I am just saying NWU III are commonly refer to as AOR2. So does CP AOR1 Special Operator uniform is not called AOR1 officially (Stated the former name). DO remember AOR is only a pattern doesn't matter if they are AOR1 or AOR2

The fact remain, NWU III uses AOR2 pattern. and AOR are never ever,should or have referred as an uniform, that's my point. People have eyes, they can read, they know the Navy's AOR uniform are still issued to the same sailor they are buyer CP's AOR Uniform from. The thing is, what make the CP's AOR uniform expensive is because the SEALs are using it and ditching the NWU II Which they are suppose to use. As i mentioned in previous post, what if the Navy ban the CP's Gen 4 AOR1 uniform? Then there are no market in it. And people will all the way go buy the NAvy's own AOR uniform. Don't say it won't happen, the army had already ban the use of Magpul Mag on it's unit.

Value wise, we all cannot predict the value it become maybe 2 months later or 6 months later, as you will never know what happen? What if tomorrow there is a better version of AOR being used by the SEAL and people all go buy that instead of the CP's?

All i am saying is AOR used to just refer to the CP's uniform(well, because they are the only company that make AOR uniform before) but you can't now only refer AOR to CP's AOR, as the Navy's AOR is in town, you can't do that anymore, yet a lot of people are still doing it.
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:35 am

Ooh-kaaay...

Never meant to pit anyone against each other, and I appriciate very much that you were both simply trying to be 'correct' and clarify matters! I'm not after any profits here, I just want genuine uniforms Smile

But Jesus, you guys did your homework on this one, in fact I'd say you are both bordering on nerds - and I mean that in the best possible meaning of that word!!! cheers
    alphaproduction
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by alphaproduction Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 am

lol he just don't understand AOR does not reserve for use only for CP's gear,
    if that's so, then a lot of thing cannot be called AOR1 or have AOR1 in the name

Such as

LBT AOR1 6094A Slick Vest
    Eagle AOR1 LBV
    and so on.

He is living in a world that ended 2 years ago, when the only thing that uses AOR1 is CP's uniform.

The Fact that NWU II uses AOR1 Pattern is commonly acknowledge i think he just don't want you to think you got a special item, that's all. Well, that's actually what he said in the post.so...

Anyway, good find There aren't many AOR2 in the market right now at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:49 am