IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

real or fake armband

real or fake armband  Empty real or fake armband

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:18 am

hi folks ive owned this armband for a few years now i purchased it with a job lot of genuine german items from the same source i was told outright on another forum when i posted pics that is a complete fake i quess i just wanted a second opinion ive held onto it ever since as i wanted to do some of my own research its printed silkscreen its ink stamped with 2x german eagles the top stamp states waffen ss dermaltung ss flak erl abt i have found the exact same postmark stamp on some third reich stamps after some searching on the internet the conclusion on the stamp was and i quote "The Cancellation was used in 1939-1945 - Feldpost Number 15975 - SS-battery reserve-Flah Department 2. 191 / January 25, 1943 - July 31, 1943 - Part of the battery flak Division 191, 2nd battery heavy flak Abteilung 191 and battery anti-aircraft Division 191 my questions are were any armbands stamped in this way and is it likely if the armband is a complete fake but being stamped with genuine tr stamp as i say it looks identical to the stamp ive researched ,any comments will be gladly appreciated many thanks james real or fake armband  AssetCAWYTSCXreal or fake armband  AssetCAXEGPMPreal or fake armband  AssetCAPZX637real or fake armband  AssetCAMKF7YNreal or fake armband  AssetCA0XP8TH
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

real or fake armband  Empty Re: real or fake armband

Post by Gulf91 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 am

I steer clear of Third Reich items as A. I cannot afford them and B. Too many fakes to get stung with.

No expert on these things but the ink stamps put me off straight away but could possibly be wrong.
    Albano
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Post by Albano Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 am

1. Stamps normaly come on the inside not the outside
    2. Missing RZM tag or RZM stamp normaly is a tag.
    3. SS and NSDAP gear was issued only by RZM. Waffen SS rarely used this kind of brassard (excluding the Leibstandarte)
    4. Never seen a field unit stamp even if a reserve one on that kind of item and i believe (can be wrong) that those stamps were only used in documents (soldbuch, auswei, etc)

Best regards

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:45 pm

many thanks gulf for your input and also albano im pleased youve taken the time to examine the pics your 4 points highlight all thats bad about it thanks again james
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:11 am

Just hope you didnt pay too much for it James.
    Albano
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Post by Albano Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

Gulf91 wrote:Just hope you didnt pay too much for it James.

Hope that too. It's VERY frustrating think you have a nice piece of history and then realise all effort was for nothing Evil or Very Mad

Best regards

Sarge
    Sarge
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-31
    Number of posts : 164

Post by Sarge Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 am

I'd say the armband is an original, but the ink stamp is a Fake. To bad as it screws up an other wise collectable item.
    Military units, including W-SS, did not mark political items since they didn't use them.
    Sarge

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:55 pm