IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Empty M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm

In France, the National Gendarmerie (French: Gendarmerie nationale) is a branch of the French Armed Forces, in charge of public safety, with police duties among the civilian population. It also contains a military police force and a special forces component(GIGN).Here is a M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet from my collection, and one of my favourite helmets,this particular model belonged to a Gendarmes named Normand, feel free to comment.
    M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06910[M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06912M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06913M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06915M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06914[/url]M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Dsc06916
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Empty Re: M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Post by loski Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Nice Gary
    One of my local surplus dealers may or have some F1 Gendarmeri helmets
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet. Empty Re: M51 OTAN - National Gendarmerie Helmet.

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm

loski wrote:Nice Gary
    One of my local surplus dealers may or have some F1 Gendarmeri helmets

Thanks Graham, there are a number of these around at the moment on the surplus market.

My local surplus shop ,sells these for roughly £30.

I would not think of doing it to my lid, but I would assume if someone was thinking of recreating a TAP 56 model these would be ideal, due to the three point chinstrap fixings, £30 compared to mega bucks it's food for thought Wink

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:47 am

very nice gary i like it a lot ,i will add one of these at some point but in no rush i must of missed this one on the helmet thread but i do like to check out the french section from time to time and im glad i did ,thanks for sharing james
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 am

jaycee wrote:very nice gary i like it a lot ,i will add one of these at some point but in no rush i must of missed this one on the helmet thread but i do like to check out the french section from time to time and im glad i did ,thanks for sharing james

Thanks James, glad you like it. They are readily available on the surplus market, and considering the condition and age of these lids, they are an absolute bargain..and under my max budget for lids too Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:48 am