IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell?

Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Empty USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell?

Post by Spañiard Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi Need some information. I was on the Bay of Fundy, looking and came across a sellers with USMC GEN II MARPAT Gore-Tex Jackets.
    I have a Set Top and bottoms with the EGA Red and Black label on inside of Jacket, the Trousers have non except the
    Embedded Small EGA's on the material. The Jacket has No wind waistband Unlike My USMC GENII in BDU Woodland,
    and My ACU GEN II Jacket both Stamped Gore-Tex.

Most USMC GT Jackets are going for 150. 180 used. New 250.00 some sellers on Flea Bay are asking.
    This USMC GenII Jacket when I saw the Embedded Small EGA on the Material was noting like the one I have,
    the letters looked funny.

The NSN ### I couldn't fined it and the maker never heard of them. There was no Big Red Black EGA Label
    just the TAG sewn on. I asked If he could provide Clear pictures of the Inside and no reply.

They funny part he was asking $110.00 new per Jacket and no one Bid on non of the Jackets listed.

So did the Marines Get GENII Jackets with improvements? Do they have that windbreaker on the waist?
    Do the Have a EGA Label? Ect.

Any bread Crumbs would be appreciated.

THK U FR YR TME

C.U.
    mrf2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-05-19
    Number of posts : 22

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Empty Re: USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell?

Post by mrf2 Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:21 pm

There have been no changes to the Green digital USMC Gore-Tex jacket or trousers. Both the jacket and the trousers should have the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in the pattern. Both have standard green tags and the jacket only has a USMC full color tag on the inside of a breast pocket. I am not exactly sure what you mean by windbreaker at the waist, do you mean a snow skirt like the old ECWCS or a elastic waist draw cord? The standard USMC Gore-Tex jacket has a elastic draw cord at the waist that is accessed from inside the chest pockets.

What you may have seen was this:

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/4243/category_chain/326/product_name/H2O+Proof+ECWCS+Gen+2+Parka

Tru-Spec is making a Digital Woodland camouflage gore-tex set that looks a lot like MARPAT. It is also much cheaper.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Empty Re: USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell?

Post by Spañiard Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Yes a snow skirt, when he List them again I'll Post his Pictures It has Small embedded EGA's on the Material on the Jacket.
    And the Letters and EGA are not same Style like the Ones on My USMC GT Jacket and Trousers

GEN II BDU Gore-Tex

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Leww-i10
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Well He Listed the GENII Jacket again, however yesterday I was Talking to a Master Sergent
    and advised, He's not aware of a USMC MARPAT WOODLAND GENII Gore-Tex Jacket.

See the Embedded Small Ega looks Nothing like Mine.

MARPAT goretex 2nd gen. parka,new,XL

Item ### 230867015579

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARPAT-goretex-2nd-gen-parka-new-XL-/230867015579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c0bf179b

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Kgrhqf10

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? Kgrhqr11

USMC GENII MARPAT Gore-Tex Parka aka Jacket Outershell? T2ec1610

I Never heard of That Company, and the NSN######?????????????
    cammobunker
    cammobunker
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-07-28
    Number of posts : 68

Post by cammobunker Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 am

It's a fake. Helikon-Tex is a Polish company. The label is pure hogwash. The fabric is almost certainly a copyright violation. All USMC gear (All US Military gear, for that matter) must be produced in the USA. PTFE laminate is the technical name for Gore-Tex, but most PTFE like this is inferior to genuine GORE-TEX. Here's a link to the genuine article:
    Genuine USMC Issue Gore-Tex APECS jacket
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

Post by John Brown Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 pm

cammobunker wrote:The fabric is almost certainly a copyright violation. All USMC gear (All US Military gear, for that matter) must be produced in the USA.

Private purchase gear can be made anywhere, so long as it conforms to AR 670-1.

It's only the stuff that the government buys on contract that must be made in the USA.

Small unit purchases over a certain amount must be made on US-made stuff, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm