IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sekri "Navy" cover

sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Sekri "Navy" cover Empty Sekri "Navy" cover

Post by sh4pak Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello, all.

My apologies if this question has already been answered, I did do a search, as well as a nuts & bolts scouring of previous posts, but didn't find the answer.

My question, stupid as it may be, is-- the MARPAT covers that don't have the EGA, and note "Navy" on the SPO number-- are they appreciably less common than those that have the crest? I just found one, and I presume it was issued to a Corpsman... I am just curious. Since I don't have a crested version to compare it to, does a standard Marine-issue cover also say "Navy" at the end of the serial?

Thanks to any who may know,

--D.
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3122

Sekri "Navy" cover Empty Re: Sekri "Navy" cover

Post by Philip Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 am

The USMC version doesn't say "NAVY". Tags are different. And they are less common.

sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Thank you, Philip. Much appreciated.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

Post by Spañiard Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

sh4pak wrote:

Hello, all.

My apologies if this question has already been answered, I did do a search, as well as a nuts & bolts scouring of previous posts, but didn't find the answer.

My question, stupid as it may be, is-- the MARPAT covers that don't have the EGA, and note "Navy" on the SPO number-- are they appreciably less common than those that have the crest? I just found one, and I presume it was issued to a Corpsman... I am just curious. Since I don't have a crested version to compare it to, does a standard Marine-issue cover also say "Navy" at the end of the serial?

Thanks to any who may know,

--D.

Hi I lost mine and looking for one in Large Woodland MARPAT. Fleabay have a few for sale right now in small.

The Old MARPAT ones issued to Navy attached to the USMC and UCGW ect., have the NAVY tag on the inside and U'll
    see the Small embedded USN on the Material or USMC, and NO Black EGA on the front of the "Raiders Cap."

Note some don't have the small USN or USMC the material, however will be Stamped NAVY on the inside.

The one on Ebay Item ### 350705157727

Mine on the material had the USN with the Navy logo.

Now they wear TYPE II and III.

As Philip stated the ones Issued to USMC will have the EGA on the front and on the Tag u'll see "MARINE CORPS."
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2838

Sekri "Navy" cover Empty re: Sekri " Navy" cover > USN Marpat 8 point covers

Post by ripcord Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Sekri "Navy" cover Dscn0345Sekri "Navy" cover Dscn0344Sekri "Navy" cover Dscn0343Sekri "Navy" cover Dscn0342

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:16 pm