IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots

Gemini
    Gemini
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : clayton
    Registration date : 2011-08-26
    Number of posts : 305

How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots Empty How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots

Post by Gemini Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:30 am

Hello to you all!I have a pair of 1970s era sovite sapogi [I hope that is the right word] comeing in soon from one of of Russias finest former satellite states.Does anybody here had suggestions on how to maintain boots made of kirza?The site I ordered them from also was fanatical about the use of foot wraps being the only way to fit into them properly.Does anyone have experience with this?
    fetuekow

Registration date : 2014-04-24
    Number of posts : 3

How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots Empty It's easy

Post by fetuekow Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 am

Gemini wrote: Hello to you all!I have a pair of 1970s era sovite sapogi [I hope that is the right word] comeing in soon from one of of Russias finest former satellite states.Does anybody here had suggestions on how to maintain boots made of kirza?The site I ordered them from also was fanatical about the use of foot wraps being the only way to fit into them properly.Does anyone have experience with this?

It's not that complicated. You should make two cloths of baze/fleese (50% wool, 50% cotton), size of each: around 40*90cm
    Then you wrap it. Check Russian wikipedia entering searchword Портянка you will see pictures of how it goes

if it gets wet, you just unwrap, rotate and wrap agian. If it gets too wet, you take it off, 20 min and here we go - wrap again.

You just brush boots with black shoe polish and dry when necessary.

that's it. Don't forget to wrap these wraps (original name is PORTYANKI) tight. Otherwise you will hurt you feet.
    Gemini
    Gemini
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : clayton
    Registration date : 2011-08-26
    Number of posts : 305

How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots Empty Re: How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots

Post by Gemini Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you vey much fetuekow!

Sponsored content

How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots Empty Re: How to maintain and wear Russian kirza boots

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm