IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP

LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 553

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Empty The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Out with old, in with the new.. Smile

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Image24

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Image25

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Image26

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Image27
    flashesandovals
    flashesandovals
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-07-02
    Number of posts : 88

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Empty Re: The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP

Post by flashesandovals Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Does the British Army equipment ever have dates on labels?
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP Empty Re: The new but old Arctic Windproof in MTP

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't think so, I believe in the 70's, dates were printed in the garments (I have a couple) but from the 80's, I don't think dates were printed. The time period went on the pattern... I may be wrong though..
    flashesandovals
    flashesandovals
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-07-02
    Number of posts : 88

Post by flashesandovals Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Post by sobota Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 pm

i do find it interesting how theyre now making a lot of 'old style' pattern bits of kit in MTP, for example theyre now making MTP PLCE and ive even seen MTP flak vests like they used prior to Osprey in use at the training depot in Surrey, goes to show some designs just cant be beaten!
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Totally agree George. Found some of the Flak vests on EBay which I thought as Osprey was on general issue, shouldn't they do away with the old vests... Seems they use these MK2/3 for exercise?! I have been following ARRSE and it's mentioned on there, they were going to do away with Para Smocks at one point but I presume got vetoed!! Happy I've got the smock, nice bit of kit...

Question to anybody, why have they issued 2 different types of Side Pouches in MTP?
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

Post by bravo_2_zero Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 pm

LeeKitchen1975 wrote:Totally agree George. Found some of the Flak vests on EBay which I thought as Osprey was on general issue, shouldn't they do away with the old vests... Seems they use these MK2/3 for exercise?! I have been following ARRSE and it's mentioned on there, they were going to do away with Para Smocks at one point but I presume got vetoed!! Happy I've got the smock, nice bit of kit...

Question to anybody, why have they issued 2 different types of Side Pouches in MTP?

Side pouches as in old rocket packs ? I wonder if its a halfway house for non combat troops like cooks and the like. I wonder if its same to for the old mk2/3 flack vest to be issued to non front line deployed troops rear supply , TA or even situations in England where a full on battle setup isn't needed like guarding the main gates at camp ??
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:30 am

A very good shout that B20!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm