IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories

Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 923

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories Empty Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories

Post by Martin Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 am

http://www.camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/poland/wz89-puma/979-polish-wz89-puma-uniforms

Hi all,

I have written the above article documenting all the uniforms and equipment in the wz89 Puma pattern.

Hope it helps..

Regards,
    Martin.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories Empty Re: Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Excellent article and really nice presentation.

I was unaware of US style uniforms in this pattern. My assumption is these are quite rare, yes?

The only difference between the Airforce and Army versions is the color of the buttons, yes?

Thanks for putting in the effort!

Steve
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 923

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories Empty Re: Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories

Post by Martin Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:25 am

Hi Steve,
    Yeah it's an interesting yet short lived pattern...

CollectinSteve wrote:
    I was unaware of US style uniforms in this pattern.  My assumption is these are quite rare, yes?
    You have the wz130 US winter jacket, this exact one: http://www.camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/poland/wz89-puma/airborne-sf-wz89-puma/144-1992-wz130-puma-us-winter-jacket
    I traded it to you a couple of years ago... Wink
    Yes, the wz4643 and wz127 US uniforms are rare - I was lucky to find a wz4643 set but unfortunately missed out on a wz127... which I am still looking for but doubt will find...

CollectinSteve wrote:The only difference between the Airforce and Army versions is the color of the buttons, yes?
    Yes - the black buttons are the major difference - also a different stamp inside and on a mint condition example the paper factory states: "Field shirt for Air Forces". This attempt in continuing the differentiation of AF/AD uniforms is interesting because I don't think it was continued after 1989.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:40 am

Heh... your memory is better than mine in this case Smile My winter stuff is accessible only by ladder and great patience. I haven't visited that portion of my collection in at least a year, but today (oddly enough) I had to go up there for an unrelated reason. So I checked and sure enough I have the standard and US type winter Puma coats. Nice!!

The button color seems similar to what the USMC did to save money and yet be distinctive. They got the same uniforms that everybody else did, but they used an ink stencil to put the USCM logo and initials on the pocket. Boy that's a cheap way to have a custom uniform!

Steve
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Nicely done, a sadly neglected group of uniforms, which in my opinion, are one of the more interesting Polish sets thanks to their controversial history and short service.

I've been hunting for a UeS Para set in Puma for a while. They ain't cheap or easy to find.

I really like my 4605. Interesting that they decided to go back to a 100% cotton type fabric, I think the "Mora" series uniforms didn't breath well enough.

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories DVYuuM

Polish wz89 Puma Uniforms and accessories HkSOHw

I think the distinction between air force and land forces uniforms disappeared with this model.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm