IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Empty Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting

Post by nkomo Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:17 am

Here is another hat I wanted to post on here before I sell it on Ebay. This is a Russian Reed Pattern hat with a roll down mosquito net or face concealer. I am not 100% sure if it mis commercial or military.

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting 00414
    Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting 00512
    Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting 00213

Here is a link if you are interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220454937088

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Empty Re: Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:58 am

Looks Commercial to me , but that does not mean the Russian army did not use them somewhere , the Russians use tons of commercial stuff .
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Empty Re: Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting

Post by escammo Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Most of these reed pattern hats are made by the Special Materials company in Russia. It is my understanding that they are used by the MVD.

http://www.npo-sm.ru/gallery/ecamo.html

There are several hats made in this pattern. A green or urban color kepi in a summer version (top left) or a padded winter version (top right). The other hat is the panama with the netting in green or urban coloration.

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Hats

Your hat looks like it is one made by Special Materials and should have a tag on the back of the hat with their logo.

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Hat_tag

Some of these hats do not have any logo - just a cloth tag with size stamps and an OTK approval mark on the reverse side. I am unsure if these non-logo hats are made by/for Special Materials but there are slight differences in sewing and constuction. You can see the hat on the left has nylon mesh for a liner while the right hat (Special Materials) has a silky cloth liner. I would prefer to wear the hat with the mesh for better ventilation.

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Hat_compare
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:48 pm

OTK means military acceptance , cant say about the others as the MVD is very loose about what its members can wear , Great Collection !!! I am jealous !!
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by escammo Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Thank you Steve. I really like the Soviet/Russian camo.

As you can probably tell by my flurry of posts - I have some spare time on my hands lately. If anyone would like to see photos of Soviet/Russian uniforms - I will be happy to post them. Just ask and I'll post - as long as I have the uniform you request. Very Happy
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 pm

yeah...Erick...are you familiar with this pattern & have any info on it....

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/russian-soviet-union-ussr-f32/blue-amoeba-camouflage-t189.htm

thanks
    Steven

PS...I am game to see ANY of your stuff...I am also a BIG Russian/Soviet(Warsaw Pact too) fan...

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I am a huge Russia/Soviet fan , you can see my stuff here :

Panzerwerks Russian items

I also have more webgear I have not put up yet .

VSR is my favorite pattern .

Steven , the Blue Woodland could be Ukrainian or Latvian , either special forces or police , but I am not sure , just a guess .
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by escammo Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:54 pm

I think that the uniform is a Moldovian camo pattern. The Moldovian pattern has this distinctive backwards "F" shape that is circled in red in the photo below. Which makes sense since it was acquired in Moldovia. Desmond identifies this pattern as Moldovian in his book.

Russian Reed Pattern Camno Hat with roll down netting Moldovian

I think the uniform was manufactured in either Russia or Ukraine and exported. The top of the tag says "product name" with the actual name of the product not visible because the tag is folded. I am not able to read the 2nd line because I cannot read "cursive" Cyrillic scratch Maybe someone else can?

I agree it most likely is for use by police.
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:08 pm

VERY interesting indeed...THANKS GUYS for the information...I have often wondered about that particular set..

Steven

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Moldavian sounds right !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:40 pm