IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual?

JDavidB

Registration date : 2022-10-09
    Number of posts : 3

Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual? Empty Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual?

Post by JDavidB Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:32 pm

This is a picture, made at Zaporozhe, Ukraine, in July 1993. I would be interested to know the type of uniform (military or police) and rank of officer. If known, I would like to learn the man's identity. He possibly was someone in the service of the then Governor of Zaporozhe Oblast, whose name was Yurii Bochkarev. I am writing a book, which includes some history of this era in Ukraine. Thank you for your help.
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual? Empty Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual?

Post by vonstuck Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:15 am

Hello
    Sorry, I not see picture
    Gilles
    JDavidB

Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual? Empty Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual?

Post by JDavidB Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:12 am

Does anyone recognize this uniform or individual? Ukrain14
    JDavidB

Post by JDavidB Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:14 am

I had trouble uploading the picture yesterday. I think that it uploaded today. Thank you.
    poacher99

Registration date : 2011-06-22
    Number of posts : 1

Post by poacher99 Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:56 pm

This appears to be the uniform of the Soviet Ground Forces. It is an officer (Lieutenant Colonel) of the Artillery Troops. Ukraine gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1991 so it is possible that they had not yet replaced all of the old uniforms by 1993. It is also possible that this is a Russian officer who was visiting Ukraine.

JDavidB likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 pm