IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Soviet Camo suits, opinions please

Doc_KeystoneDiv
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Doc
    Registration date : 2021-10-21
    Number of posts : 23

Soviet Camo suits, opinions please Empty Soviet Camo suits, opinions please

Post by Doc_KeystoneDiv Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:47 am

Hey Gang!

I'm feeling very sad over missing out on that French camo smock, so I'm doing what I usually do when I feel sad; fill the void in my soul with more camo.

This struck me as very cool, the combined Ameoba and TTsMKK is really doing it for me.  It looks "vintage" but I honestly don't know enough about Soviet WW2 stuff to know if its legit and an have an idea of what this stuff is worth. I've tried to look around on the internet and haven't found that really tells me what I need to know.

Can anyone give me any info about this camo suit? I've been asking alot on the forum recently and you guys have not let me down,  I'm soSoviet Camo suits, opinions please 20240114
    Soviet Camo suits, opinions please 20240115
    Soviet Camo suits, opinions please 20240113
    very appreciative for it!!
    Doc_KeystoneDiv
    Corporal
    Corporal

Soviet Camo suits, opinions please Empty Re: Soviet Camo suits, opinions please

Post by Doc_KeystoneDiv Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:48 am

Soviet Camo suits, opinions please 20240117
    Soviet Camo suits, opinions please 20240116
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:53 pm

There was a time when most of the patterns were reproduced by Trident Militaria, some better printed than others. However, the construction was pretty much spot on.

I don't know enough of the details to spot the difference between the repros (though I had a couple) and the real thing, however every legit one I've seen has an ink stamp. Usually visible on very worn items. It should be along the inside hem somewhere. If there's a stamp then it's almost for sure legit. If it lacks a stamp, I'd lean towards it being repro.

Steve
    Doc_KeystoneDiv
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Doc_KeystoneDiv Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 pm

Thanks Steve!
    The auction ends today and I've already spent enough on my camouflage addiction this month so I think I'll pass, and try to learn more about them for when I see one next. I saw your other post about downsizing your collection, are you offloading many camouflage items?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:31 pm

Missed this one until now.

I am selling off all my spares first. There's a lot of those. Then I'll be paring down country by country over a number of years.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 pm