IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Empty JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH

Post by bond007a1 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 pm

OK...here is probably one of the rarest things I have from the US. It is an original JCRC patch. The JCRC was fromed in 1973 to resolve the fates of the un-accounted for US servicemen in the Vietnam War. It was replaced in 1992 by the JTF-FA (Joint Task Force-Full Accounting). Now for a bit of the history behind my patch....I was talking several years ago to my uncle about my collection...and he goes "I will send you a hard to get patch" & I naturally was excited about that...well my uncle...is actually relatively famous at least by alot of the POW's from the Vietnam War. My dad's brother is Dr. Roger Shields.....here is is title...
    Dr. Roger Shields, DoD's Deputy Secretary for International Economic and POW/MIA Affairs from 1971 to 1977
    he served as head of the POW/MIA Task Force with the Department of Defense.
    here is an article or 2 on some stuff he had to do..

ALL POW-MIA SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE

This article details some info on my uncle meeting with Pres. Nixon & the Defense Secretary in 1973.

ALL POW-MIA SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE 2

Another one discussing his meeting w/ Nixon.

WWW.VIETVET.ORG

Another interesting story....He used to observe operations from the air in command helicopters from time to time...and at 1 point he was on the ground getting into a chopper...when a VC(I believe) ran up to him with a machete type knife to kill him...because they knew he was important somehow....luckily he was instantly shot to death & my uncle was presented with the knife...It hangs on the wall of his home office. He also has a monster painting of the faces of lots of POW's and they all signed it for him....He would meet the POW's on the tarmac when they returned to the US...and he also used to go over & personally bring them back..He was/is good friends with Henry Kissinger and used to go have dinner At Richard Nixon's house in NJ several times a year up until Nixon passed away.. Just a few memories..He is also in several books..including "Operation Bright-Light"

here is the current patch design

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Jtffa

AND HERE IS MY ORIGINAL!!!!!

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Jcrc

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Jcrc2

Mr-X
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Number of posts : 172

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Empty Re: JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH

Post by Mr-X Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Awesome patch Bond.
    I know a couple of Frenchmen who would be very interested in writing to your uncle.
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Empty Re: JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH

Post by bond007a1 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks X.....I remember Arch showing me one at the SOS last year...and it was selling for several hundred bucks...it blew me away...I am going to try to find the pics of his office and post them here...it is really something to behold....well at least to me...

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Great story , any update ?

owen
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 pm

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Dsc01510

This is an ERDL JCRC jacket in my collection.
    X Special forces jacket with the patches removed .

Very Rare .

owen
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 pm

JCRC- JOINT CASUALTY RECOVERY CENTER PATCH Dsc01511

the rear .
    These jackets were worn not as camouflage but the opposite .
    To be seen .

Enjoy this piece of MIA KIA history .

owen
    AK101
    AK101
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-07-04
    Number of posts : 200

Post by AK101 Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 am

Cool, thanks for sharing.

A large grouping of stuff I got from a guy in the special operation community has a couple of patches from his time attached to the 90's version of that unit.
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Nice find Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm