IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material?

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material? Empty Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material?

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

If this is in the wrong section i do apologise and please feel free to move to where it belongs.

A few years ago it was a given(true or not??) that any item of USMC Marpat that didt somewhere in the camo have at least one of the small USMC and EGAs printed on it was a fake hence supposedly it was easy to tell apart fakes from originals.

Reason im asking is ive just acquired an 09 dated reversible MARPAT cover and nowhere on either of the sides are there any small USMC EGAs at all Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material? Empty Re: Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material?

Post by panzerwerk Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Its possible its a real piece , the fabric used just was cut so no EGA'a were on the pieces used to make it , they ended up in the scrap pile , just a possibility.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material? Empty Re: Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material?

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

I would think going by the details printed on it that it is(I hope)an original and if so kind of blows the theory out of the water that anything without a small USMC EGA is non original.

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material? 9388f8c1

Do all original USMC Marpat items have the small EGAs in the material? 8f4abc37
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Nothing wrong with that cover. 100% legit as far as I see.

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

Post by Spañiard Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi, Mine For the Pad System which is exactly like yours and the two I had for the Suspension System all had
    one small Embedded USMC EGA. However yours is The Real Deal, It's my understanding like 3 day assault packs,
    however Mine, GEN II has a Big Black USMC EGA and Coyote Brown Label on the Inside, GEN I & II, ILBE ect.,
    Blouse and Fatigues, Gore-Tex must have at least one Small or Two USMC EGA. My Boonie Cap also has small
    embedded EGA, and my "MARPAT Laundry Bag" has 5 of them. I never seen on the Shaving Kite bag, the Utility
    Duffel Bag, and the Uniform Hanger Bag.

Now I have no Clue why the Field Tarp some call it a poncho? Since their Issued Ponchos one side in MARPAT the
    other in Coyote Brown also. Both the Field Tarp and The Poncho have a few Small Embedded USMC EGA's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm