IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig Empty Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig

Post by nkomo Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:36 pm

My wife bought this one for me as a Christmas gift. I marked a few items I was interested in and she bought them for me. Got love a wife that buys you militaria as presents. Laughing

Anyway, this is a heavily used, spray painted, and modified Blackhawk Commando chest rig. This rig is green, but has been sprayed with tan spray paint for desert environments.
    Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig 00125
    Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig 00418

Unfortunately, the straps are missing. I would assume that either the straps were worn out or the soldier/sailor transferred the straps to a new vest, since this one is heavily used. If anyone knows where I can get some straps in green or tan, please let me know.

Also, the rig has also had two extra buckles sewn onto the sides for and extra strap. Looks like it would have been a strap that would have went around the middle back area.

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig 00323

Interesting to note as well is that the back of the rig has had velcro strips sewn/glued to the back. I was thinking these could have been used to help secure the rig to a vest with velcro on the front. Three vests come to mind being the PBPV I/II series vests, the PACA Low Vis vests, and the DA(Direct Action) Trauma vest. Any thoughts? Any idea on time period of manufacture or use? I was thinking early OEF for use.

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig 00229

Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig Empty Re: Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig

Post by Tyler Flint Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Nice Smile
    urbankombat
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : mich
    Registration date : 2014-09-11
    Number of posts : 26

Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig Empty Re: Spray Painted and Modified Blackhawk Commando Chest Rig

Post by urbankombat Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 pm

That is in nice condition.
    Geardardo
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2014-10-05
    Number of posts : 32

Post by Geardardo Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:01 am

Hei Nkomo.
    This Commando is very popular in SF and AFSOC early OIF/OEF.
    It's made 98-??(us made)View inside large clip.
    It's welcro is so very popular,i think it is used ELCS SPEAR vest with custom straps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 am