IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons...

austromunga
    austromunga
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-11-24
    Number of posts : 267

French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Empty French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons...

Post by austromunga Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi all picked this up in the bargain pile at a show...it's a short sleeved shirt with belt (not fixed) buttons are brass with an Armoured breastplate, helmet with crossed swords and wreathes in the background... seems in very good condition all apart from a rust stain on the left breast pocket... the label is unfortunately washed out!! .....  any ideas

French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Imag1321French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Imag1322French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Imag1323
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6919

French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Empty Re: French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons...

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 pm

No idea! Very odd item. I doubt it is Spanish. To me it reminds me of something one would see being worn by a former British colonial holding, such as India, Pakistan, etc. But that's just because I can picture whomever wore this having a riding crop, a big mustache, and a really sweaty face while inspecting a line of at attention (British style) soldiers.

Steve
    austromunga
    austromunga
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons... Empty Re: French legion, Spanish???short sleeved shirt with decorated buttons...

Post by austromunga Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 am

I know what you mean Steve!!! And it's probably pretty close... Just with an Italian accent!!! As I stumbled upon a similar shirt on eBay..listed as Italian army safari shirt!!!???? Same buttons and belt too!!! What sort of age would this be!?? Look pretty modern... Hard to tell!!??
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 am

Looks similar to a private purchase/tailor made British Bush Jacket.
    austromunga
    austromunga
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by austromunga Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Its a strange thing for sure!! but at £2 from the bargain pile at the War & Peace revival show.... (the cool buttons must be worth more than that on there own!!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:25 am