IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
mylle
jimmyduncan23
belgium_one
7 posters

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ?

belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 479

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Empty Spanish digital camo - military or copy ?

Post by belgium_one Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Hello

military or civilian ?

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? 70dqqb

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Oa6efm

Salutations
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1493

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Empty Re: Spanish digital camo - military or copy ?

Post by jimmyduncan23 Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Looks like a civi version to me just from the tags. The issue desert set i have had different ones. But i am.no spanish expert
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2311

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Empty Re: Spanish digital camo - military or copy ?

Post by mylle Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:45 pm

I would also say its one of the commercial sets out there.The tags are usually white IIRC.
    The woodland jacket breast and arm pockets also should be pleated.But that doesn't mean it isn't worn by Spanish soldiers.
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

Post by fourtycoats Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:51 pm

They are not military issue suits but, in my opinion, made in the same factory to identical specs and the only difference is the labels. I have both suits,desert and temperate cammo, with and without, military labels and I cannot see any difference between the military labelled suits and the civilian labelled suit.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2838

Post by ripcord Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:29 pm

belgium_one wrote:Hello

military or civilian ?

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? 70dqqb

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Oa6efm

Salutations

Both these sets are commercially made.  Apart from the tags, they are near identical to issue, especially the desert version.

The commercial temperate version has different sleeve and chest pocket design from the issue type while commercial desert version have  sleeve and chest pockets like  issue desert type.

S
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Alex had it right in post #3

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7419

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7420

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? S-l16013

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? S-l16014

S
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks for the reference pics!

The Spanish are pretty consistent about using their own sizing system. Besides the black based tags looking civilian and not at all traditional Spanish, the "XXL" size mark was enough for me to conclude it is commercial. Civilian looking manufacturing logo also is a dead giveaway. As Rip's last picture shows, the Spanish label of 2018 looks pretty similar to the Spanish labels made since the 1980s an in some respects earlier.

The pleated chest pockets brings up a question. Has the pleated pocket design of the temperate uniform worked its way into the desert uniforms yet?

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 pm

I dont believe current Desert blouses have pleated chest and arm pockets at this time.

The pictured blouse was acquired from a serving member of the Spanish armed forces and is an issue item.

The familiar white tag confirms it is an issue piece.  BUT....Under that tag there is another tag that shows this blouse to be a non Spanish made piece.   ( Zurich , Switzerland  )

Very strange; have not seen that before.    Also, there is padding in the shoulder area; consistent with Spanish blouses of the past.   No padding is present in the commercially made temperate blouse in my possession.

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7421

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7422

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7423

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn7424

S
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 pm

I definitely want to get the Marines type at some point!

In my collection is an unissued desert set that I got in the very early days of it being issued. The white tag is a little different than yours, but beneath it is also the Swiss tag. So it would seem these uniforms have been made in Switzerland since the start.

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:40 am

Would love to see a Marines blouse in temperate pattern...If they even exist.
    Also like the lightweight shirts with snaps on chest pockets.

Never imagined Switzerland would be the source of Spanish combat uniforms..
    Read somewhere recently that  some Spanish uniforms are also made by Seyntex.

S
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Current ACU type blouse .

Note manufacturer's tag .

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? S-l16015

S
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Recent acquisition.  

Very nicely made with good attention to detail ; lightweight ripstop  fabric, unlike the heavy cottons of the commercial types.

Canadian type buttons throughout the uniform.  Some current Spanish uniforms are being manufactured in Switzerland as this one is.

The cut is the official Spanish cut and it came with a Velcro backed Spanish flag.

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8228

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8229

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8230

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8231

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8310

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8311

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? Dscn8312

S
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2311

Post by mylle Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:57 pm

BTW: The Tag which shows TESTEX Zurich should mean that the fabric was produced and tested according to some special ecological rules and standards. The company Testex is a global textil-testing and certifying business. So it doesn't mean that the fabric was produced in Switzerland. Don't want to be the smarta§§ but it's an interesting note. I have some work clothing with the same Testex label in German.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Alex,

That is good info.

Just does not make sense for a country that has always produced their own uniforms to now outsource their uniform contracts.

Now that I look , even in my non existing German/Spanish I can see that it's basically a certification statement of non toxicity of the textile. ...

This is how info gets around.. Thanks.

S

vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3429

Post by vonstuck Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? 100_2113

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? 100_2114

Spanish digital camo - military or copy ? 100_2115

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:57 pm