IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Desert T-Mout Jacket

Zedthefed
    Zedthefed
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Sam
    Registration date : 2015-07-08
    Number of posts : 92

Desert T-Mout Jacket Empty Desert T-Mout Jacket

Post by Zedthefed Sun May 29, 2016 8:43 pm

I got this from one of the Thai ebay sellers (you know the ones) almost 2 years ago. Figured I'd share this oddity.
    It is a Ripstop Desert T-Mout Jacket with a US size tag, no contractor tag, and a white tag like the Gabon T-mout's have but no stamp. (See This Thread )
    Also interesting are the patches. The topic matter is Korean war era spy stuff, most likely made by veterans of the Korean Liaison Office (KLO).
    The 8240 Team KLO Patches are vaguely referenced in the CIA Archives "...Most KLO survivors left for the United States, where a number banded together to form the KLO 8240th Army Unit Veterans Association"
    The CIC patch would by probability stand for the Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) Which was in layman's terms the Army's CIA at the time.

That's all the info I have been able to acquire of the last two years.
    Most people seem to think these T-mout jackets are from commercial Chinese factories.
    Anyone that can shed any light on this for me would be greatly appreciated.

Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294715
    Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294712
    Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294713
    Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294711
    Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294710
    Desert T-Mout Jacket _5294714
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Desert T-Mout Jacket Empty Re: Desert T-Mout Jacket

Post by CollectinSteve Mon May 30, 2016 8:45 pm

The uniform is definitely Chinese manufactured. The tags are pretty consistent with that and I've no doubt that Gabon sourced its uniforms from China.

I find it difficult to imagine why a CIA operative would be walking around with a badged uniform, but that's not my area of expertise. I will say that the badge over the left pocket looks very Korean to me.

Steve

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:06 pm